1. In which century he was born?
Answer: in 1564, in the middle of the XVI century
2. In which town he was born?
Answer: In Stratford-on-avon, an English town.
3. When hewas born?
Answer: is not exact the date of birth but is known that his baptism was on Wednesday, April the 26th, 1564.
4. Which river is associated with his birth place?
Answer: WilliamShakespeare was born in Stratford-Upon-Avon. As the name implies, it is a town on the River Avon.
5. Shakespeare lived during which English monarchs reigns?
Answer: Shakespeare lived in the reigns ofboth Queen Elizabeth and the reign of James I.
6. Why Shakespeare is called the Great bard?
Answer: A bard is another name for a poet and Shakespeare is known to be the best poet the world has everknown.
7. How many plays and sonnets did he write?
Answer: 37 plays and 154 sonnets.
8. Who said "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo”?
Answer: Juliet in Romeo and Juliet
9. The line“to be or not be” come from which play?
10. Was the globe a :
a) A roman Amphitheatre
b) An Elizabethan theatre (correct option)
c) An Elizabethan stadium
d) An important mapof the world
11. Was Shakespeare an actor as well as a poet and play writer?
Answer: Yes, he wrote many plays and sonnets but he also played in many of his own works as a starring character andin 1603 he performed in the play Ben Jonson’s play Sejanus in 1603.
12. Did he invent words?
Answer: yes, he invented in all of his work - the plays, the sonnets and the narrative poems -Shakespeare uses 17,677 words: Of those, 1,700 were first used by Shakespeare. He invented this words to express new feelings or emotions that he want to adapt and show to the public in his works also foradapting and developing his language more flexible.
Some of his words commonly used today are: