Thank you for taking the time to interview me. I enjoyed our conversation and learning about the Shanghai World Foreign Language Primary School. I also looked through the IBO andschool websites, and found them to be progressive and innovative.
I’d like to highlight some of my past teaching experience so that I may fall into the “3+ year of teaching experience” bracket. Mostof this will be pulled directly from my resume, with some modifications.
Apart for the more than 1 year of classroom teaching experience and a TEFL diploma, other relevant experience includes:Strategy Consultant (education projects) August 2006 to September 2007
• Client work: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation ( educationprograms division)
▪ Performed market landscape analysis to build case for new programs. Identified gaps in landscape of existing programs by profiling and mapping 19organizations.
• Client work: AUSL (US based teacher training program)
▪ Analyzed their teacher training program
▪ Helped develop ateacher training program that was both effective and best utilized their resources
• Client work: Breakthrough Collaborative (US after school program)▪ Performed national geographic scan for potential expansion locations
▪ Coordinated communication between 16 different school sites during the strategic planning processI mention these projects, not only because they each directly relate to education issues, but because my job during these engagements was one of a coach, counselor and teacher to members of theclient organizations. I use my experience as a consultant every day in the classroom.
Soccer team coach May – August 2005
• Organized and coached a team...