2. Many people give or send one to friends on Valentine's Day.
4. Another term for sweets that are given on Valentine's Day.
9. Sometimes on Valentine's Day, a secret ________ will give you an anonymous present.
11. If you don't get any Valentines, you might do this into your pillow.
12. Herseys is one kind of this type of candy.
15. Roses, carnations, and daisies are these.
17.When you really, really like someone, you ____ them. Also you ______ your parents.
19. If you give someone a treat on Valentine's Day, it usually is this. This word is also used in the expression "______ Heart", a nickname husbands and wives call each other.
20. This expression is often said on Valentine's Day: "___ Mine"
1. The color of hearts on Valentine's Day.
2. The fictionalcharacter that shoots arrows at people.
3. These flowers come in many colors, but usually red ones are given on Valentine's Day.
5. What cupid shoots at some poor unsuspecting person, that makes them fall in love.
6. If you want to give a friend roses, you would give them this color.
7. The name of this holiday!
8. Doilies are usually made out of this material.
10. Moms and Dads may want to getaway for a _________ dinner or weekend.(mushy, mushy, mushy)
13.One of the shapes used often on Valentine's Day is ______ (plural).
14. These are made out of paper or material that are lacy.
15. The abbreviation for the month that Valentine's is in.
16. The man that this holiday is named after is, _______ Valentine.
18. If you get flowers for Valentine's Day, you will want to have one of theseto keep them in.
Valentine's Day Features |
Across 1. It's all you need on Valentine's Day!
5. Heard on Valentine's Day: "This ___ got to be the greatest Valentine's Day ever!"
12. Romantic Valentine Fabric
13. Compass direction
14. VALENTINE'S HISTORY: It stems from a ___ fertility festival celebrated by ancient Romans on Feb. 15th to honor the Pastoral God of Herbs andCrops (See #69A). The day before the festival (Feb. 14th), they would honor Juno, the Goddess of Women and Marriage. Through time, Valentine's has become a combo of the tales of the Pastoral God, Juno and Valentine (See #24A and #51A).
16. Valentine's Day gifts
19. German for "Here's to You!": "Auf ___ Gesundheit!"
20. It'll make "regular" atypical
21. Before, before
22. Valentine's Vice24. Valentine, for one
27. Winter sport verb
28. It'll turn "Pica" into a famous painter
29. Frilly 'n' Fancy Fabrics seen on Valentine's Day
31. Valentine confectioneries
34. Gullible assistant: ___ damnée
35. ___ and behold!
37. Within the limits
38. Ship's Steerer
42. Valentine's Day date itinerary
47. Himalayan Humanoid
48. Film rating
49. Word seen on a Valentine's gift tag50. Comedian Phillips
51. VALENTINE'S HISTORY: In the 2nd Century A.D., Valentine was a Christian ___ who wed young couples against the rules of Roman Emperor Claudius II who forbade soldiers from marrying because he feared it would interfere with their prowess. For disobeying, Valentine was beheaded on February 14th, 270 A.D..
55. Cupid's matchmaking weapon on Valentine's Day
57. Gershwin with pen60. Romantic play to watch on Valentine's Day: "Romeo ___ Juliet"
61. Cute 'n' Cuddly Buddy Holly song to listen to on Valentine's Day
63. Valentine Gift Giver: ___ Admirer
65. Hawaiian guitar, briefly
66. Male title
68. Someone to celebrate Valentine's Day with
69. VALENTINE'S HISTORY: As per #14A - Name of the ancient Roman festival that derives its name from the Roman Pastoral God of Herbs andCrops
74. Undercover agents
76. Romantic ___ Howard directed film to rent on Valentine's Day: "Far and Away" (1992)
77. Heard on Valentine's Day: "I have been in such ___ since our breakup ...sniff, sniff. Won't you pleeeease take me back, honey?"
78. It's Filled with Fodder on a Farm
79. Outs Opposites
80. Romantic Valentine symbolDown 1. He was the Cowardly Lion in "The Wizard of...