Genesis Plus emulates a Sega Genesis or Megadrive console. It has been originally written by Charles MacDonald and ported to the Nintendo Gamecube and now the Wii by the “Genesis Plus” Team. It is an open source emulator and a community project which aims to bring you blast processing into the past. Using this “emulator” you will be able to enjoy all of your classic 16bit games inall of their glory. Genesis Plus has been converted from a PC based platform to run on the proprietary PPC Gekko processor and features customized code to give you the best gaming experience possible. This port is based on Genesis Plus 1.2 source code but has been largely modified to improve overall compatibility, emulation accuracy as well as adding various peripheral supports and interface extrafeatures. Please have a look at history.txt for a complete change log.
Accurate & full speed Sega Genesis/Megadrive emulation
• • • • • • • • • NTSC (60Hz) & PAL (50Hz) timings support cycle-accurate CPUs synchronization (68000, Z80, YM2612, SN76489) cycle-accurate VDP emulation (DMA, FIFO, HV interrupts, HBLANK,…) original frequency YM2612 emulation (High Quality FM) hardwarelatency emulation full overscan area (horizontal & vertical colored borders) emulation TMSS BIOS support PICO hardware support (experimental) Blargg’s NTSC filters support
Support for various input peripherals
• • • • 3-buttons & 6-buttons controllers Sega TeamPlayer & EA 4-Way Play multitap adapters Sega Menacer & Konami Justifier lightguns Sega Mouse & Sega Mega Mouse
Support for variouscartridge internal hardware
• • • • • • • SVP DSP (Virtua Racing) J-Cart backup RAM (parallel SRAM/FRAM and serial EEPROM) ROM bankswitch (Super Street Fighter 2) SRAM switch (Phantasy Star 4, Legend of Thor, Sonic the Hedgehog 3) ROM mappers & copy protection devices used in many unlicensed/pirate cartridges Game Genie codes
Gamecube/Wii extra features
• • • • • • • • • Stereo Sound (@48kHz) 1~4 Players support SRAM and SaveState files (on MemoryCard & SDCard) automatic SRAM/Savestate loading & saving ROM internal information screen support for zipped (.zip) and interleaved (.smd) roms load ROM files from SDCARD or DVD original video modes (240p/240i/288p/288i) support interlaced (576i/480i) & progressive (480p) video modes support
• • • up to 8 Players supportload ROM files from USB storage device Wiimote, Nunchuk & Classic Controller support
Genesis Plus core
• • • • • • • • original emulation code by Charles Mac Donald additional code (core, extra features, compatibility fixes,…) by Eke-Eke Z80, 68000 and YM2612 cores by the M.A.M.E team alternate YM2612 core by Stef SN76489 core by Maxim SVP core by Notaz libsamplerate by Erik deCastro Lopo NTSC Video Filter library by Shay Green
additional thanks to • • • • • • • • Nemesis, for having tested and documented many unknown YM2612 features Tasco Deluxe for his work around the SVP chip and for his documentation of Realtec mapper Bart Trzynadlowski for his documentation about SSFII mapper and 68000 undocumented behaviour Haze for having found and documented many unlicensedcartridges protections Notaz & Stef for their help, the source code of their respective emulator, Picodrive and Gens, was also a great source of inspiration AamirM, author of Regen, for some good advices Charles Mc Donald for his excellent documentation about the Sega Genesis hardware and for having designed such a great emulator Spritesmind & SMS Power forums members for their technical helpGamecube/Wii port
• • • • • • • • original Gamecube's port by softdev, honkeykong & markcube additional features and Wii port by Eke-Eke graphical interface and icon design by brakken libFAT by Chism , ported to libogc by Sven Peter (svpe) & wintermute wiiuse library by Michael Laforest (para), ported to libogc by shagkur libDI by Erant libOGC by winterMute, shagkur and all contributors devkitpro &...