Exercise 1. CAN / COULD. Directions. Complete the sentences with can – can’t, could – couldn’t.
1.- Luis __________________ swim one year ago. Now he can.
2.-Carol _______________ speak Italian very well. She lived in Rome.
3.- _______________ you find your lost keys?
4.-She_______________ go to the party, she’s sick.
Exercise 2: VERBS IN PAST.Directions: Write the simple past of the verb.
Exercise 3. PAST SIMPLE. Directions: Complete the sentences Past Simple using the verbs in the box.
BENOT -STUDY EAT
GO NOT-WALK GET
1. We ____________________ home after midnight.
2. They ___________________Californialast summer.
3. Singer Katy Perry __________________ born in EUA.
4. What ___________ he _______________ at the restaurant?
5. I____________________ for the exam, because I lost my notebook.6. I ______________________ back to my house last night, I took a taxi.
Exercise 4. PAST SIMPLE. Directions: Complete the sentences with the right word
1.- I didn’t buy / boughtanything at the store.
2.- I was / were very busy last week.
3.- Nicole Kidman was / were from Australia.
4.- I pack / packed the shirt that was on the bed.
5.- I didn’t remember / remembered tobring a GPS.
Exercise 5. PREPOSITIONS. Directions: Choose the correct word, a, b, or c to complete the sentences.
1.- I usually go to school __________ seven o’clock. a)...