The Coca-Cola was created in 1885 by John Pemberton's Jacobs Pharmacy in Atlanta, Georgia.
Coca Cola began in the market as a medicine which relieved the headache and nausea concealed, and then was sold in pharmacies as a remedy to quench your thirst, 5 cents a glass.
Frank Robinson named it Coca-Cola, and his calligraphy designed the current logo of the brand.
By becoming famousdrink in 1886 was offered to its creator sell throughout the United States.
Pemberton accepted the offer (she sold the formula of their product at $ 2,300) and opened several containers in the United States.
Later a group of lawyers bought the company and made Coca-Cola reached worldwide.
From there the company became The Coca-Cola Company.
The first bottling of Coca-Cola occurred in Vicksburg,Mississippi, at the Biedenharn Candy Company in 1891. Its proprietor was Joseph A. Biedenharn.
Coca-Cola was sold in bottles for the first time on March 12, 1894; and Cans of Coke first appeared in 1955.
The famous Coca-Cola logo was created by John Pemberton's bookkeeper, Frank Mason Robinson, in 1885.
Robinson came up with the name and chose the logo's distinctive cursivescript. The typeface used, known as Spencerian script, was developed in the mid 19th century and was the dominant form of formal handwriting in the United States during that period.
Robinson also played a significant role in early Coca-Cola advertising. His promotional suggestions to Pemberton included giving away thousands of free drink coupons and plastering the city of Atlanta with publicitybanners and streetcar signs.
MISSION, VISION & VALUES
The world is changing all around us.
To continue to thrive as a business over the next ten years and beyond, we must look ahead, understand the trends and forces that will shape our business in the future and move swiftly to prepare for what's to come.
We must get ready for tomorrow today. That's what our 2020 Vision is all about.
Itcreates a long-term destination for our business and provides us with a "Roadmap" for winning together with our bottling partners.
It declares our purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
• To refresh the world...
• To inspire moments of optimism and happiness...
• To create value and make a difference.
Our VisionOur vision serves as the framework for our Roadmap and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
• People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
• Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio of quality beverage brands that anticipate and satisfypeople's desires and needs.
• Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and suppliers, together we create mutual, enduring value.
• Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping build and support sustainable communities.
• Profit: Maximize long-term return to shareowners while being mindful of our overall responsibilities.
• Productivity: Be a highlyeffective, lean and fast-moving organization.
Live Our Values
Our values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we behave in the world.
• Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
• Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
• Integrity: Be real
• Accountability: If it is to be, it's up to me
• Passion: Committed in heart and mind
• Diversity: Asinclusive as our brands
• Quality: What we do, we do well
Focus on the Market
• Get out into the market and listen, observe and learn
• Possess a world view
• Focus on execution in the marketplace every day
• Be insatiably curious
• Act with urgency
• Remain responsive to change
• Have the courage to change course when needed
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.