Read the following paragraph:
Pshycology recognizes two types of research, experimental and differential. The former is concerned mainly with the overall processes governing human activities, and the latter sets out to establish individual differences in performance. More recent studies have demonstrated the need for a third type of psychological study, namely,that which has to do with human development. Rather than considering this aspect of human performance as a part of thand standarization in his data and experiment design.
1. According to the passage, what is the central goal of experimental research?
a) To arrive at a generalclassification of individuals.
b) To analyze individual differences in human activity.
c) To establish the psychological processes governing humans.
d) To administer experiments on humans and processes.
2. In line 4, the word "namely" is closest in meaning to:
3. According to the passsage, developmental psychology belongs in:
a) the domain ofPiaget's work
b) a category of dispute studies
c) its own unique area of study
d) other domains of research
4. The phrase "keep in mind" is closest in meaning to:
5. According to the author's implications, which branch of psychology appears to be particularly controversial?
d) Developmental6. The word "advertise" means:
a) internal exhchange
c) satisfy demand
7. Mexico ______________ flowers to the United States.
8. "All in all" means:
a) considering everybody
b) considering everytime
c) considering everywhere
d) considering everything
9. An _______________ is a list of goods, with prices.
a) invoiceb) letter of credit
c) sight draft
d) time draft
10. An interrogative mark should be used at the end of the following sentence:
a) I am very happy.
b) I don't know what time it is.
c) Can you bring a pencil
d) I wonder where you are.
11. I would like to give you some __________________.
12. I am going to ____________ anarchitect to get my house built.
13. Please, ____________________ the baby.
a) catch a cold
c) keep an eye on
d) have on
14. If you study, you will have many __________________.
15. My father has a new _____________.
16.I would not like to _____________with you.
17. The noun for "prevent" is:
18. The meeting was _________________.
b) called off
c) kept up
d) by the way
19. I had to __________________ my car when the dog barked.
a) keep up
b) bring about
c) slow down
d)have time off
20. It is a big ______________ with many ______________.
a) income - enterprises
b) enterprise - income
c) range - branches
d) enterprise - branches
Read the following paragraph.
The returning boomerang is constructed in such a way that it sails on a circular trajectory and returns to the thrower. A trained hunter can throw a boomerang so that it will...