RELATIVE CLAUSES EXERCISE
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES USING (WHO; WHERE; WHICH; OR THAT)
1. I went to the restaurant _______________ I read about in the newspaper.2. She bought a car ____________ her sister liked.
3. I often buy cheese ___________ is imported from Paris.
4. The hairdresser _____________ has red hair was very good.
5. The child________________ we see often is playing in the garden.
6. The nurse ____________ treated my grandmother is in the office.
7. The car _______________ broke down is in the garage.
8. We went to the place_________________ I met her for the first time.
JOINT THE SENTENCES BY USING A RELATIVE CLAUSE.
1. The man was late. Julie invited the man.____________________________________________________________
2. The doctor was sick. I wanted to see the doctor.
3. The accountant was arrested. The accountant works for myfather’s company.
4. I wrote to the friend. You met the friend last week.____________________________________________________________
5. The mobile phone can’t be fixed. The mobile phone is broken.
1. I will make arecommendation that we skip our vacation this Year.2. I have no knowledge of his skills.3. The judges have an objection to your uniform. |
1. I recommend that we skip our vacation this year.2. I don’tknow about his skills.3. The judges object to your uniform. |
USING THESE VERBS AND THEIR NOMIONALIZATION CASES, WRITE DOWN SENTENCES SHOWING BOTH USES; AS VERBS AND AS NOUNS
do an inspection(INSPECT)
hold a meeting (MEET)...