DO NOT WRITE ON THIS FORM. PLEASE USE THE ANSWER SHEET | | Test Booklet |
| | |
I | LISTENING | 10 |
A | LISTEN TO THE SELECTION AND ANSWER THE SENTENCES WITH TRUE OR FALSE |
1) Anger, happiness and love are thoughts.
2) Emotions are like feelings
3) Personality can be divided into three parts
4) Nurture is similar togenetics
5) Style is a synonym of pattern
B | LISTEN TO THE SELECTION AGAIN AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS |
6) What are thoughts?
7) What are emotions?
8) What two sides are there to personality?
9) What are traits?
10) What is nurture?
II | GRAMMAR | 25 |
A | USE THE SIMPLE PRESENT OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING CONVERSATION. |LI-WU: Hi Paulo. What ________________?
1) (do you do/are you doing)
PAULO: Oh, I__________ for class to begin.
2) (wait/’m waiting)
LI-WU: How are you? You _________ a little down.
3) (seem/’re seeming)
PAULO: I’m just tired. I _______ worried about my sister. She ________too much at the moment.
4) (am/am being) 5) (works/is working)B | COMBINE THE PAIRS OF SENTENCES. USE THE PAST PROGRESSIVE OR THE SIMPLE PAST OF THE VERB. |
Ex: The blizzard started. Mr. Ligo attended a party.
When the blizzard started, Mr.Ligo was attending a party.
6) The wind began to blow. The electricity went out.
7) He drove home. He listened to his car radio.
8) He pulled overto the side of the road. He couldn’t see anything.
__________ when ___________
9) It stopped snowing. Mr. Ligo went to the police station.
10) The police arrived. The witnesses left.
When ________, __________
C | CHOOSE THE CORRECT PHRASAL VERBS |
11) A: What’s Terry doing?
B: She’s handing in/handing up some lab reports.
12) A:Are you done with your report, Rea?
B: Almost. I just have to look out/look over some information.
13) A. Hey, guys. That music is disturbing us.
B: Sorry. We’ll turn it down/turn it up.
14) A: Jason is discouraged.
B: I know. He says he can’t keep on/keep up with the class.
15) A: Have you seen Lila since she came home?
B: Yes. She brought up/ brought back those plants from thefield trip.
D | CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER |
16) She does her homework_____ A. myself
17) Be proud ________. B. by yourself
18) I think you should go ____ C. each other
19) I believe in _____ D. of yourself
20) The players wished ________ luck before the game. E. by herself
E | CIRCLE THE MOSTAPPROPRIATE FUTURE FORMS |
21) I just heard the weather report. (It’s raining/it’s going to) rain tomorrow.
22) There is a train that (will leave/leaves) at 7:00am.
23) We have a long wait at the airport. What (are we doing/are we going to do) all those hours?
24) I think (I’m going/I’ll go) home now.
25) (I’m seeing/ I’ll see) you tomorrow.
F | Complete these sentences withthe present perfect form of the verbs in parentheses and with since or for. |
26) Skateboarding __________ (be) popular ______more than 50 years.
27) The first skateboarding contest took place in California in 1963. _______ then, thousands of contests _________(take) place all over the world.
28) In 1976 Ludmila Cleeves became world champion in female skateboarding, _____then,fifteen other women _______(become) world champions, too.
29) Tony Hawk ______________(not compete) professionally __________ many years.
30) Jon Comer __________-(fight) hard to become world champion, _______ his accident in 1976.
III | WRITING | 10 |
A | Write a short paragraph comparing your past and your future using superlatives and comparatives. |
IV | READING | 10 |...