When the witches planned on meeting next, they professed to meet with Macbeth.
1. For a while you couldn’t tell who would win. The armies were exhausted, unable to move.The villainous rebel Macdonwald was supported by foot soldiers and horsemen from Ireland, and the Herbrides. Lady Luck was with him, she was called a whore because of the way she was smiling cruellyat his enemies.
2. His stature was heightnened because he won the battle
3. The king of Norway launched a fresh attack against Macbeth
4. Duncan decrees that the thane of Cawdor be put to deathScene 3
5. Duncan decrees that Macbeth, the hero of the victorious army, be given Cawdor’s title.
6. In Act 1 Scene 3 of the the play, friends, Generals Macbeth and Banquo met the three witches.They astounded Macbeth with their predictions of job advancement. Macbeth was hardworking, and appreciated recognition and reward for good work. He also was ambitious, but practical. He commented to thewitches that Cawdor was still alive, and had a lot of money and power. The King may not have been generous in recognition or reward. For example, he gave Macbeth Cawdor's title and possessions. Buthe gave nothing to Banquo. Another example, is when the King decided that he'd spend the night at the Macbeth's home. That gave Lady Macbeth very little time to prepare the household. So it may havelooked to Macbeth that his succession to the throne of Scotland had too many obstacles. The King had children who could, and wanted to, succeed him.
7. The first nobleman to first call Macbeth Thane ofCawdor was Ross
8. Banquo says that oftentimes, to win us to our harm. The instruments of darkness tell us truths, win us with honest trifles, to betray`s in deepest consequence.
9. Macbeth startedto think to kill Duncan
10. Duncan chooses Malcolm, to be the Prince of Cumberland and, therefore, the next king of Scotland.
11. As an obstacle
12. The witches