DUE DATE: Saturday, February 12th
1. HAND STH. BACK TO SB
2. HAND STH. ON TO SB
3. HANG ABOUT, AROUND, ROUND (place)
4. HAVE ON (clothes)5. HAVE STH. OUT (extract)
6. HOLD BACK (information)
7. HOLD SB. BACK (career)
8. HOLD ON (period of time)
9. HOLD UP (delay)
10. HOLD SB. UP (weapon)
11. JOIN IN (enlist)12. KEEP AT STH. (stick to sth.)
13. KEEP BACK (information)
14. KEEP IN (punishment, especially for kids)
15. KEEP SB. or STH. OFF (prohibition)
16. KEEP ON (an activity)
17. KEEPOUT ( as a warning)
18. KEEP UP WITH SB. (same speed)
19. KICK OFF (in soccer)
20. KICK SB. OUT OF A PLACE
21. LET SB. DOWN (disappoint)
22. LET STH. OUT (information)
23.LOOK AFTER SB. or STH. (care)
24. LOOK BACK (related to the past)
25. LOOK DOWN ON SB. (your opinion towards sb. else)
DUE DATE: Saturday, March 5th
26. LOOK ON (without one’sinvolvement)
Be a spectador
* They stood looking on while he was being attacked.
* I don´t want to take part in this game; I´d ratherlook on.
27. LOOK ON (particular way of thinking)Concider; regard
* Some people look on him as a hero ; others as a traitor.
* He´s looked on as the greatest novelist of his time.
28. LOOK OUT (as a warning)
* Look out! The road is icy.
* Look out! Nearly ran over that child.
29. LOOK OUT FOR STH. (attention)
* She stood at the window and looked out at the hills.*
30. LOOK STH. or SB. OVER (examine)
* We ought to get a surveyor to look over the house before we decide to buy it.
* I´d like you to look the contract overfor me if you can spare the time.
31. LOOKING THROUGH (a group of things or a place)
Examine, study, peruse
* Look through these photographs and see if you can pick her out.