1. State of matter that happen when a solid turns into a gas?
2. Matter is anything that has_______ and take up________ Mass - space
3. Matter cannot be___________ nor____________ Created - destroy
4. Energy in motion is named?
5. What is the difference between vaporization and evaporation?
Vaporization is when a liquid turn into a gas and evaporation is a vaporization that occurs at the surface of a liquid below its boiling point.
History of atomic model
1. What is the name of the man that finds that there are smaller parts than an atom that are negatively charge?
2. How created theperiodic table?
3. Who is Ernest Rutherford?
A student that discover a center of a nucleus on an atom that was positively charge
4. Who was Neil Borh?
Denmark that proved that electrons move around on energy levels like orbits
5. Who was the English chemist that proposes the idea that elements are atoms that can’t get smaller?
1. Howmany groups are in the periodic table?
2. Name the groups?
* Alkali metals
* Alkali earth metals
* Transition metals
* Metals in mixed groups
* Carbon family
* Oxygen family
* Nitrogen family
* Halogen family
* Nobel gases
* Synetic elements
* Hydrogen family
3. Elements that are in rows are also called? Andelements in columns are also called?
Periods - families
4. How are the elements classified?
Classified by number of protons and electrons
5. Elements in the left side of the table are? Elements in the right are?
Metals - nonmetals and metalloids
1. What is a valence electron?
The number of electrons in the outer ring of an atom
2. What is the differencebetween the Bohr and the real model?
The difference is that in the Bohn model the electrons are in rings orbiting the nucleus and in the real model electrons are in clouds around the nucleus
3. Draw the Bohr model of nitrogen?
N:74. Name atomic mass, # of protons, # of neutrons, #of electrons and, # of valence electrons of fluorine?
5. How many rings of electrons does argon have? And how many electrons does each ring have?
It has 3 rings and it have 2 electrons in the first ring, 8 electrons in the second ring and 8 electrons in the third ring
Lewis dot model1. In what type of bonding can you use the Lewis dot?
* Covalent bond
* Ionic bond
2. Draw Lewis dot for hydrogen?
3. Draw Lewis dot for nitrogen?
4. Draw Lewis dot for carbon?
5. Dots in Lewis model correspond to what in the atom?
Ionic and covalent bonds
1. MgF₂ is covalent or ionic bond?Covalent
2. Ionic bonds occur between what types of elements?
Nonmetals and metals
3. Bond CHCl₃
CL C CL
4. List 2 difference between covalent and ionic bonds?
Covalent shares electrons, ionic gives/takes electrons
Covalent is between nonmetals and ionic is between metalsand nonmetals
5. Bond MgF₂?
Four type of reactions
1. What is synthesis?
When 2 or more substances that combine or form a more complex structure
2. What is single replacement?
Single elements that replaces another element in a compound to make a different compound
3. What is double replacement?
2 compounds that switch places and create 2 different compounds...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.