• Click on http://www.abpischools.org.uk/page/modules/hormones/index.cfm?age=Age%20Range%2014-16&subject=Biology
• Answer the questions in yournotebook along with the answers.
• As you read the tutorial you´ll find questions. Do them for a better understanding of the concepts.
• Remember you must read, understand, and then ANSWER TOTHE QUESTIONS USING YOUR OWN WORDS.
1. What is a hormone?. Draw a sketch about how they work.
2. Summarize what hormones do.
3. Fill the following chart
|Gland |Hormones|effects |
| | ||
| | | |
| || |
| | | || | | |
| | ||
4. Fill the following Flow chart:
Jump to page 6 and keep on answering
5. What is the stimulus that triggers the insulin secretion bythe pancreas?. What are the effects of the insulin on the organ body cells. Draw a labeled sketch of the process.
6. What is the glucagon?.How does it work?. Draw a labeled sketch of the processinvolving the glucagon hormone.
7. What is the diabetes?. Explain it and tell the consequences this condition may lead to. Explain also the types along with the possible treatments.
8. How did we...