Tarea 7.1 The place I live in
1. Lee el siguiente texto (una descripción de la ciudad de Nueva York) y contesta a laspreguntas que se plantean:
New York is in the North-East of the United States. Eight million people live in the city.
In New York City there are two hundred and fifty museums, four hundred artgalleries, and 1700 parks. There are many restaurants, pubs and cinemas.
New York is big, beautiful, rich and very famous. It has got five boroughs: Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island andQueens.
New York is an economically important city and many national and international companies have got their offices and factories in New York City.
This city has got two professional baseball,basketball, hockey, and football teams.
The climate in New York is very nice. It usually rains a lot and it is cold in winter but in summer the weather is warm.
a) Contesta a las siguientes preguntasacerca del texto. Debes responder con oraciones completas. (4)
· Is New York a small city?
No, New York is a big city.
· What is weather like in winter?
The climate of New York is very nice.Normally it rains a lot and cold in winter
· Are there parks in the city?
If the most important are: Central park, Battery park, Bryant park, and Hudson river park.
· Which are theboroughs in New York?
The districts of New York are Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Queens.
b) Extrae del texto. (4)
- Una oración en la que se exprese la posesión:
It has got fiveboroughs.
- Una oración en la que se hable del clima de la ciudad:
The climate in New York is very nice.
- Una oración en la que se utilice “There is/there are”:
In New York City there are twohundred and fifty museums.
- Una oración en la que se usen los puntos cardinales:
New York is in the the North-East of the United States.
2. En este bloque hemos trabajado la descripción y el...