II 19th century soccer was the most influence sport in the world
A.soccer during the the 19th century
1. The Soccer Industry Council of America guessed that more than 13,000,000 boys and girlsunder 18 years old played soccer by 1994.
2. In 1904 the Federation International de Football Association, or FIFA
Soccer originated generally in its present form in Britain.
· The world'soldest club formed in 1857 is Sheffield FC
· Soccer is the most played and most watched sport on Earth
· Soccer is called football in practically every country except America, who call 'GridIron' football and football soccer.
The international governing body of soccer is the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), based in Zurich, Switzerland.
Soccer has becomeincreasingly more popular in the United States in the last 30 years, with nearly 3 million children between the ages of 5-19 now playing in youth soccer leagues throughout the nation.
In 1904, The FédérationInternationale de Football Association (FIFA), was formed, followed by the first World Cup international competition in 1930. A round-robin style tournament that pits teams from individual nationsagainst each other every four years, the World Cup has grown into an international affair, with nearly 200 teams now seeking admittance. Only 24 are permitted to compete.
Soccer is the most popular sportin the world. It is a sport played between two teams with eleven players each (including the goalie). The object of soccer is to score in the opposing team’s net. Players can move the ball with anybody part except their hands and arms.
Sheffield FC is the world’s oldest soccer club, forming in 1857. Other clubs soon followed and soccer became semi-professional in the 1860s
The FederationInternationale de Football Association (FIFA) is the head of organized international soccer.
Soccer is a rather simple sport to follow; there are only 17 rules. However, the offside rule in soccer is...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.