1. Who is causing the revolution in France?
2. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
3. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
4. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
5. What does theEnglish government do about the chaos caused by the French Revolution?
6. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
7. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
8. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
9. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
10. Where is the Scarlet Pimpernel from?11. What is Tinville's occupation?
12. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
13. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
14. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
15. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
16. How many people does the Scarlet Pimpernel smuggle out whenhe tricks the favorite guard?
17. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
18. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
19. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
20. What is a man at the Fisherman's Rest complaining about to the owner?
21. What is Andrew's title?
22. What is the Comtesses daughter's name?
23. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?24. What is Antony's title?
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 4, The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel, Chapter 5, Marguerite, and Chapter 6, An Exquisite of '92
1. Who does the Comtesse credit for her safe removal from France?
2. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
3. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?4. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
5. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
6. Who does the Comtesse's son say is most bitter against aristocrats in France?
7. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
8. What is the maiden name of Lord Blakeney's wife?
9. How does Andrew know Lord Blakeney's wife?10. What title does Lord Blakeney's wife have after her marriage?
11. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
12. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
13. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
14. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?15. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
16. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
17. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
18. How does the narrator describe Lord Blakeney the first time we meet him?
19. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
20. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has toolittle of?
21. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
22. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
23. How is the Comtesse's son left feeling after his first encounter with Lord Blakeney?
24. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 7, The Secret Orchard, Chapter8, The Accredited Agent, and Chapter 9, The Outrage
1. What is the name of Lord Blakeney's yacht?
2. Where is Blakeney's yacht going when Margeurite's brother boards it?
3. Why is Margeurite worried about her brother when he boards Blakeney's yacht?
4. What is the name of Margeurite's brother?
5. Who raised Margeurite?
6. Why was Margeurite not raised by her...