WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC SERVICE PACK 1
WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM SERVICE PACK 1
WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE SERVICE PACK 1
These license terms are an agreement between you and
· the device manufacturer that distributes the software with the device, or
· the software installer that distributes the software with the device.
Please read them. They apply to thesoftware named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. Printed-paper license terms, which may come with the software take the place of any on-screen license terms. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
· Internet-based services, and
· support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those termsapply. Some of the terms have changed since the initial release of Windows Vista. The changes include:
· details about the number of service connections available
· additional information about the activation and validation functions of the software, which determine whether the software is counterfeit, improperly licensed or a non-genuine Windows product
· additional privacy disclosures aboutInternet-based services
· description of rights for specific-geographic software
This list highlights some of those changes. The terms below govern your use of the software.
If you obtain updates or supplements directly from Microsoft, Microsoft, and not the manufacturer or installer, licenses those to you.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not usethe software. Instead, contact the manufacturer or installer to determine their return policy for a refund or credit..
As described below, using the software also operates as your consent to the transmission of certain computer information during activation, validation and for Internet-based services.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below for each license you acquire.1. OVERVIEW
a. Software. The software includes desktop operating system software. This software does not include Windows Live services. Windows Live is a service available from Microsoft under a separate agreement.
b. License Model. The software is licensed on a per copy per device basis.
c. Edition Specific Rights. See the Additional License Terms sections at the end of thisagreement for license terms that apply to specific editions of the software.
2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. The software license is permanently assigned to the device with which you acquired the software. That device is the “licensed device.” A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a separate device.
a. Licensed Device. You may install one copy of the software on the licensed device.You may use the software on up to two processors on that device at one time. You may not use the software on any other device.
b. Number of Users. Except as provided in the Device Connections (all editions), Remote Access Technologies (Home Basic and Home Premium editions) and Other Access Technologies (Ultimate edition) sections below, only one user may use the software at a time.
c.Alternative Versions. The software may include more than one version, such as 32-bit and 64-bit. You may use only one version at one time. If the manufacturer or installer provides you with a one-time selection between language versions, you may use only the one language version you select.
3. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.
a. Multiplexing. Hardware or software you useto
· pool connections, or
· reduce the number of devices or users that directly access or use the software
(sometimes referred to as “multiplexing” or “pooling”), does not reduce the number of licenses you need.
b. Font Components. While the software is running, you may use its fonts to display and print content. You may only
· embed fonts in content as permitted by the embedding...