be" and the main verb.
In order to form questions the verb "to be" before the subject.
Present Simple Tense with the Verb "to be" Chart |
| Subject | Auxiliary Verb | | |
+ | I | am | | tall. |
| We | are | | from New York. |
| She | is | | a nice girl. |
- | I | am | not | tall. |
| You | are | not | funny. |
| He| is | not | happy. |
? | Am | I | | tall or short? |
| Are | you | | tall? |
| Is | she | | a good runner? |
ESL Verb Worksheet
Instructions: Write the sentence with the correct form of the verb “To Be”Escribe la forma correcta del verbo ser o estar
Ex. Sebastian ____is_____ a soccer player.
Sebastian is a soccer player.
1. The girls _______are___ studyingEnglish.
2. We ____are_____ planning a trip to Portugal.
3. Stephanie ____is_____ my daughter.
4. My parrot ______is___ squawking and making noise.
5. I _______am__ reading the recipe book now.
6. Tom and Sebastian ___are______ good friends.
7. You ____are_____ taking your driver’s test tomorrow?
8. Luis Figo _______is___ admired in his home country of Portugal.
9. Raul andMorientes _____are_____ famous soccer players.
10. The hurricane ______is___ growing stronger each day.
11. The soccer team ___is_______ playing for the championship in Helsinki, Finland
12. Sonia ___is______ borrowing my car for the weekend trip in Newfoundland.
13. I ___am______ designing a building for the project in Edmonton.
14. The architect ___is______ designing a building for theproject in Mississippi.
15. You ___are________ designing a building for the project in Invercargill.
16. Granddad Ted _____is____ watching Plymouth Argyll play soccer.
17. Batistuta _____is____ recognized as a great soccer player from Argentina.
18. Rugby ______is___ a rough sport to play.
19. The tiger ____is_____ only found in Asia.
20. Stephanie and Sebastian _____are____working hard at school in Manitoba. |
Positive Sentences with The Verb "to Be" |
1. Mary's hair brown. | |
2. I from England. | |
3. We 15 years old. | |
4. She very tall. | |
5. The dog brown. | |
5. The tables very old. | |
6. The children in school. | |
8. The dogs black. | |
9. You a very good teacher. | |
10. The computer new. | |
Negative Sentences With The Verb "to Be" |
1. The cat black. | |
2. My hair long. | |
3. You short. | |
4. My computer new. | |
5. I rich. | |
6. You a policeman. | |
7. We from the U.S.A. | |
8. The phone broken. | |
9. I a good student. | |
10. The food very good. | |
Question With the Verb "to Be" |
1. youtall or short? | |
2. the dog black? | |
3. I strong? | |
4. the food good? | |
5. the dog big or small? | |
6. the doctor in his office? | |
7. the children in school? | |
8. the water cold? | |
9. it hot outside? | |
10. the floor clean? | |
* Used for routines and habits
| | | |
I go to school everyday | || |
I live in New York. | | | |
Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius | | | |
I love to go to my English class. | | | |
This is a pen. | | | |
What is the structure of the Present Simple Tense?
Cuál es la estructura de presente simple?
Subject Sujeto | + | Auxiliary Verb Verbo auxiliar | + | Main Verb Verbo principal | - |
- | do - does | Verb in the baseform (-s/-es | - |
Grammar rules for the present simple tense:
In positive sentences the auxiliary verb is not used.
En oraciones positivas el auxilias do o does no se usa
In positive sentence the main verb changes form according to the subject.
In oraciones positivas el verbo principal cambia de acuerdo a la persona.
In negative statements the auxiliary...