Tag Questions 1
Present Tense/To Be Verb/Affirmative
When using tag questions, watch for 4 points:
* What tense is the verb?
* What kind of verb is it? (tobe/other verbs)
* Is the sentence affirmative or negative?
* Does the pronoun need to be changed? |
*present tense ->
*to be verb ->
*affirmative -> | *presenttense
*to be verb
*negative | Look at these changes: |
Jack's happy, | isn't he? | he is -> isn't he? |
Susan's tired, | isn't she? | she is -> isn't she? |
It's warm today,| isn't it? | it is -> isn't it? |
They're busy, | aren't they? | they are -> aren't they? |
You and I are fun people, | aren't we? | we are -> aren't we? |
You're quiet, |aren't you? | you are -> aren't you? |
I'm intelligent, | aren't I?
am I not? | I am -> aren't I?
I am -> am I not? |
Choose the correct tag to finish the sentence.1.Teresa is an accountant,___?
aren't she? doesn't she? isn't she? She isn't? |
2. I am a good worker,___?
I am? do I? amn't I? aren't I? |
3. Peirre is agrandfather,___?
he isn't? isn't he? he is? doesn't he? |
4. Kate is a doctor, ___?
she is? is she? doesn't she? isn't she? |
5. Jacques and Alicia are students, ___? aren't they? are they? isn't he? isn't they? |
6. Mario is at work right now, ___?
aren't they? isn't he? is he? isn't she? |
7. I'm here, ___?
am I not? amnot I? amn't I? aren't you? |
8. You and I are busy right now, ___?
aren't I? aren't we? we aren't? aren't you? |
9. It's windy today, ___?
am I? aren't they? isn't it? isn't he? |
10. I am ready for the next exercise, ___?
isn't it? don't I? aren't you? aren't I? |
| You havecorrect answers out 10 |
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.