Sinaloense Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
• 2 1/2 lbs. medium shrimp (fresh if you want to do all the work or precooked and peeled)
• 2 16 oz. cans V8 juiceto taste
• 2 cucumbers cut and diced into med. cubes. If not bitter, leave skin on.
• 2 large, fresh tomatoes, cut and diced (I peel and seed the maters)
• 2avocados, cut and diced into 1 inch cubes (do this just before serving)
• 1 bunch celery, sliced
• 1 large sweet onion, diced into small tidbits
• 1 bunch freshcilantro, chopped (half or more in cocktail and rest for garnish)
• 1/4 c. ketchup
• 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
• limes cut for garnish
• 1 bottle of Habanero hot sauce (addto taste)
• 1 box saltine crackers
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. First, cook or thaw shrimp, then rinse and refrigerate untilnice and cool. If using cooked, frozen, defrost overnight in fridg.
2. Dice all of your veggies except avacado. Add it at the last minute to avoid it turning too brownand getting mushy. Mix all veggies together in a large bowl.
3. Mix ketchup and lime juice together and add to veggies.
4. Add chopped cilantro (I use lots)
5. Addshrimp and tomato juice cocktail
6. Add salt and pepper and Tapatio Sauce (available in most markets) to taste.
7. Serve in a big, stemmed water glass or beer mug(or something similar)
8. Just before serving, dice the avacado and add to the mixture. Ladle into glasses, sprinkle cilantro on top and add lime wedge.
9. Cut therest of the limes into wedges. Put on a nice plate with crackers and enjoy!
10. Leave the bottle of Tapatio out for those who like a little spice in their lives.
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.