1. she / on the phone / talk →
2. his brother / dinner / cook →
3. Jane and Mary / badminton / play →
4. Sue / in the gym / exercise →
5. Robert/ the room / paint →
6. they / trees / plant →
7. Henry / in the garage / work →
8. they / in the lake / swim →
9. how long / Boris / English / learn →
10. how long / you / for me / wait →Put the verbs into the correct tense (Present Perfect Simple or Present Perfect Progressive)
1. I (play) __________football for five years.
2. My team (win / only) ___________two matches so far.3. The others (be / always) __________better.
4. Are we not there yet? We (walk) __________for hours.
5. But we (cover / only) __________an area of five miles so far.
6. I (finish/just)___________my homework.
7. I (work) ____________on this essay since two o'clock.
8. Jane (go out) __________with Bob for seven years.
9. Martin (date) __________three girls this week.
10. How long (wait /you) _________for us?
• since – if the starting point is given (two o’clock, last Friday, 1998)
• for – if the period of time is given (twenty minutes, two days, one year)
Decide whether you haveto use “since” or “for”.
1. I have been waiting __________ 4 o’clock.
2. Sue has only been waiting __________20 minutes.
3. Tim and Tina have been learning English_________ six years.
4. Fred and Frida have been learning French _________ 1998.
5. Joe and Josephine have been going out together __________ Valentine’s Day.
6. Ihaven’t been on holiday ____________ last July.
7. Mary has been saving her money __________ breakfast.
8. You have been watching TV __________ hours.
9. We have been livinghere __________ 2 months.
Put the verbs into the correct tense (Present Perfect Simple or Present Perfect Progressive).
1. A: (you / take) [pic]the dog for a walk yet?
2. B: I (work)...