Josefina Herrera Cides
Your score is 100%.
E A R D
O S T
A I D 4M
A D E
O E F
E A R N T T
A I D
3. say4. make
Wild Horses Killed
Read the story. Click the "LISTEN" button at the bottom of the page to hear the story. When you are done, click the "NEXT" button.
More than 450 wild horses have been killed in Nevada. Some people say it is worse than when all the buffaloes were killed. Many of thehorses were shot while running.
The land they were on belongs to the government. Twenty-eight thousand horses share the land with six million cattle. Cattlemen say the horses are crowding the cattle out. One rancher said that there is a range war going on. Both the cattle and the horses need the water and grass that is on the land.
The law protects wild horses. The president of the Nevadacattleman group also helps to protect the horses. He says that he does not like what is happening to the horses, but he does want the government to help keep the number of horses low.
Some people think the Navy used the wild horses for target practice. Pilots fly over the area where the horses were found. The horses were found far from the nearest road. The killings happened over a large area. Ithas been happening for the last two years. The Navy said that they do not let their pilots kill horses.
Some people think that the horses should be gotten rid of. Others think that they should stay. In the meantime, the police will try to figure out who did i
1. One rancher said that there is a _____ war going on.
c. range - Correct Answer
2. The_____ of the Nevada cattleman group also helps protect the horses.
d. president - Correct Answer
3. Both the _____ and the horses need to live on the land.
a. cattle - Correct Answer
4. Some people think the _____ used the horses for target practice.
c. Navy - Correct Answer
d. Air Force
5.Wild horses are _____ by law.
b. protected - Correct Answer
6. The land the horses were on belonged to the _____.
c. government - Correct Answer
7. The crime is being looked at by the _____.
a. police - Correct Answer
b. cattleman group
8. _____ fly over the area where the horses were found.
a. Navy pilots - CorrectAnswer
9. The dead horses were found far from any _____.
a. roads - Correct Answer
10. Some people feel that the horses should be _____.
a. put on a ranch
b. gotten rid of - Correct Answer
1. Where were the horses found?
a. They were far away from the roads. - Correct Answer
b. They were near the ranch.
c.They were by the river.
2. Why is there a range war?
a. There are too many animals sharing the land - Correct Answer
b. The ranchers do not like the cattle.
c. The rangers are fighting to protect the land
3. If the land is owned by the government, how are the horses protected?
a. They are protected by law. - Correct Answer
b. They are protected by guns.
c. They are protected byhiding in the range area.
4. How did the Navy respond to the killings?
a. They said that they do not shoot horses. - Correct Answer
b. They said they only do it for target practice.
c. They said that the cattleman are at fault.
5. How do the Nevada cattlemen's group feel about the killings?
a. They do not like it, but they want less horses. - Correct Answer
b. They feel the horses...