Prawns with cocktail sauce
Ingredients Tick boxes to send shopping list to email
1kg large prawns in the shell (about 30)
125ml (½ cup) chilli sauce (recommended: Heinz)
115g (½ cup) tomato ketchup (recommended: Heinz)
3 tbsps prepared horseradish
2 tsps fresh lemon juice
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
Prawns with cocktail sauce1) Cut the lemon in half and add it to a large saucepan of boiling salted water. Add the prawns and cook, uncovered, for only 3 minutes, until the prawns are just cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of cool water. When the prawns are cool enough to handle, peel and devein them. Keep cold until ready to serve.
2) For the cocktail sauce, combine the chilli sauce, tomatoketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
Ultimate Prawn Cocktail
2kg Iceberg lettuce, finely shredded |
4 spring onions finely sliced |
1 ripe avocado, chopped |
squeeze of lime |
pinch of cayenne pepper |
cocktail sauce to taste |
350g prawns, such as Young’s Best Ever Prawns |
1. |Mix the lettuce with the spring onions, avocado, a little salt and pepper, a pinch of cayenne and a squeeze of lime. |
2. | Reserving one spoonful of the cocktail sauce and a few juicy prawns for the top, stir the prawns in the cocktail sauce. |
3. | In two ice cream sundae style glasses, layer the salad mix and then the prawn mix in five layers to the top and finish with a spoonful ofthe cocktail sauce topped with a few juicy prawns. |
* cocktail sauce
* 60ml (1/4 cup) tomato sauce
* 60ml (1/4 cup) thin cream
* 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
* 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* Dash of red Tabasco pepper sauce
* Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the cocktail sauce, combine the tomato sauce, cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauceand Tabasco in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the lettuce in 4 serving dishes/glasses. Top with the prawns and drizzle with the cocktail sauce. Serve immediately.
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons brandy
3 drops Tabasco sauce
salt and pepper
Whip cream lightly.
2 Combine remaining ingredients, then fold whipped cream through the sauce gently.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled tail-on, deveined
* 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
* 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard(recommended: Maille)
* 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
* 1 teaspoon turmeric
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and herbes de Provence. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes each side.
In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup,turmeric, and basil until smooth. Season again with salt and pepper. Place the yogurt mixture in a dipping bowl.
Place the bowl of dipping sauce on a serving platter with the cooked shrimp.
Shrimp Cocktail with Lemon Dipping Sauce
* 1 1/2 pounds pre-cooked shelled extra-large shrimp
Spicy Lemon Pepper Dipping Sauce:
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup sour cream
* 1tablespoon hot sauce, preferably Sriracha
* 2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning, salt free
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Arrange Shrimp on serving platter, cover and refrigerate until serving.
For Spicy Lemon Pepper Dipping Sauce:
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Whisk thoroughly. Pour into small serving bowl.
Serve chilled shrimp with dipping sauce on the side....
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.