Post Reading Instructions: Now that you have the full story, write a brief answer after each of the following questions.
1.What is the name of the owner of the sweet-shop?
2. What was her general appearance like?
3. What is the first thing that bothers the children about the woman?
4. What was another thing thechildren hated?
5. What was used to package the candy?
6. What did they find one afternoon?
7. Where did the kids hide their candy?
They hided their candy in a big hollow space underneath8. Whose idea was it to somehow use the new discovery?
It was my idea and just my idea (amor dice que la idea fue de él y solo de él osea del que escribe el escrito pero no sé quien es, más bien nosé como ponerlo).
9. What was the brilliant plan?
Slip the mouse into one of Mrs. Pratchett's jars of sweets. Then when she puts her dirty hand in to grab a handful, she'll grab a stinky deadmouse instead."
10. How did the other kids respond to the idea?
The other four stared at me in wonder. Then, as the sheer genius of the plot began to sink in, they all started grinning. They slappedme on the back. They cheered me and danced around the classroom
11. On their way to the shop, what did they feel like? We felt like a gang of desperados setting out to rob a train or blow up thesheriff's office.
12. Did everything occur as planned?
13. When did they next go to the shop?
14. What was on the door?
A cardboard notice hanging on the door that said: CLOSED.
15. What didthey see through the window?
Mrs. Pratchett was nowhere to be seen.
16. What is their initial theory about what happened to the woman? "She got such a shock when she grabbed hold of the mousethat she dropped everything,"
17. What did Mr. Coombes tell the children to do?
he said: "The whole school is to go out and line up around the playground immediately," "Leave your books behind. And...