Genero literario

Solo disponible en BuenasTareas
  • Páginas : 5 (1070 palabras )
  • Descarga(s) : 0
  • Publicado : 19 de septiembre de 2010
Leer documento completo
Vista previa del texto
Eduardo Trevino, Mariana Alanis. Ch. Ed. Italy

CULTURAL OVERVIEW

A. Southern Europe, a peninsula extending into the central Mediterranean Sea, northeast of Tunisia

B. The population size of the culture is about 58,126,212

C. 33% rural areas… 67% urban areas…

D. Agriculture: 4.2%
Industry: 30.7%
Services: 65.1%

E.Republic, A republic is a form of government in which the people or some portion thereof retain supreme control over the government, and in which the head of government is not a monarch.

F. Roman Catholic 90% (approximately one-third practicing), other 10% (Jewish, Muslim immigrant community)

A DESCRIPTION OF THE ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH THE CULTURE LIVES

A. The country has boundaries of1,932.2
Elevations: Lowest point: Mediterranean Sea 0 m
Highest point: Mont Blanc (Monte Bianco) de Courmayeur 4,748 m

B. Mediterranean; Alpine in far north; hot, dry in south.

C. Coal, mercury, zinc, potash, marble, barite, asbestos, pumice, fluorspar, feldspar, pyrite (sulfur), natural gas and crude oil reserves, fish, arable land.

MAJOR ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES AND LEVELOF TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT

A. By exporting, importing and transportation of equipment, metal products, chemical products, food and agricultural products

B. Tourism, machinery, iron and steel, chemicals, food processing, textiles, motor vehicles, clothing, footwear, ceramics.

IV Social Organization:
A. Two types of groups that have been formed by this culture areautochthonous minorities, like natives, and eterochthonous minorities, the migrants that keep growing in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
1. Family organizations: Their mostly nuclear families that live with only one generation. In the past, marriages were arranged and women were the one who brought the money, but currently it’s a free and in our culture, except that there’s a culture where one childmust remain unmarried for the care of his parents.
2. Work Groups: 1.8% of the people work on Agriculture, 25% on Industry, and 73% work in services. Products like Fruits, Vegetables, potatoes, grain, olives and fish. Industries like Tourism, machinery, food processing, Clothing and ceramics. Women mostly don’t work outside their houses or family businesses. Italy has a high employment rate.3. Religious groups: 90% are Roman Catholic, the other 10% are Protestants and Jewish. There’s a small growing Muslim community.
4. Educational Groups: 98.4% of the population knows hoe to read and write.
5. Governmental Groups: Republics, Citizens choose their leader and have an impact with the government.
6. Recreational Groups: There’s thousands of historic churches were people gather;also lots of Italians are interested in sports like soccer, bowling, tennis and swimming.
7. Other: Ethnic groups include small groups of German, French, and Slovene people. There’s also a huge difference in wealth between the north and the south.

V: Beliefs and Values and Key Concepts:
A. Some major beliefs within Italy are Roman Catholic, which is the largest religion in thisculture. Out of 84% of Italians only 1/3 are active, most of them only identify themselves as Catholics. The countries older religion is the Jewish community, which is a very small group, and there are also a population of Muslims, Buddhist, Sikhs and Hindus.
B. Italy have a capitalistic economy, where its based on the private ownership of each capital.
C. Italy has been a democraticrepublic since 1946, when they abolished the Monarchy after Victor Emmanuel fall out of power. No political party has been able to work alone, so they must work with each other to form a united government.
D. Culture member value
1. Material things: In this culture, they value their buildings, which gives them lots of tourism. For example, the coliseum in Rome is a very popular...
tracking img