A kitchen knife is any knife that is intended to be used in food preparation. While much of this work can be accomplished with a few general-purpose knives – notably a large chef'sknife, a tough cleaver, and a small paring knife – there are also many specialized knives that are designed for specific tasks. Kitchen knives can be made from several different materials
Common Typesof Knives
- Peeled knives: small, light and manageable, with curved blade, smooth edge and acute end. Also call torneador knife. It serves to peel all type of tubercles, fruits and vegetables.
-Knife for vegetables: small, of strong blade, smooth edge and stable end. Clean, peel and cuts small fruits and vegetables.
- Puntilla knife: small, light and multipurpose, of thin blade, and centralend. Its uses to cut, peel and clean fruit and vegetables. Very appropiate also to prepare meat and to lard.
- Cutlet knife: thin, strong and with thin blade. Its uses to cut cutlets and meat slightlyroasted without efforts.
- Cleaner bones knife: of thin blade, with a characteristic curvature and smooth edge. Perfect to follow from the bones of the meat.
- Knife to fillet: of long, thin andflexible blade, with smooth edge. It fillets meats and fish, and it obtains a clean cut.
- Knife for bread: of long and strong blade, with waved edge. With teeth that can break the hard crust of thebread without effort, cutting clean slices, thanks to one aggressive and superior dentated.
- Cook knife: knife of wide blade, and smooth, stable and strong edge. The multipurpose tool forprofessionals and amateur cooks, who clean, cuts and pricks vegetables.
- knife to carve: thin, with stable blade and smooth edge. Its used to carve all types of roasted meat.
- Jam knife: length, thin, withflexible blade and smooth edge. Special to cut jam and other great pieces of meat.
- Santoku knife: the multipurpose tool of the Asian kitchen of wide blade and very sharpened. This 3 claveles knive...