Verb to be
Portfolio 1 Directions: Fill in the forms of the verb affirmative to be (am, are, is).
|I ______ |sleepy. |
|You _____ |handsome. |
|He _____ |short. |
|She _____ |friendly. |
|It _______ |cold today. |
|We _____ |busy. |
|You _____ |My friend. |
|They _____ |beautiful |
Portfolio 2 Directions: Create sentences by using the verb affirmative to be (am, are, is). Use: I, You, He, She, It, We, They.
Hi, myname is Marcos, I am twelve years old. I am from Juarez, Mexico, my friend Carlos lives in Chihuahua. He is eleven years old. We are students at Bachilleres. My favourites subjects are Maths and English. My weakest subject is Geography. I love music; I play piano and the guitar. I am tall and Carlos is short, we are the best friends._________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am not
She is not
Portfolio 3 Directions: Create sentences by using the verb negative to be (am not, are not, is not). Use: I, You, He, She, It, We, They.
Put the words in the correct order to make
negative and affirmative sentenceswith the verb to be
1. old. am I twenty-five not years:________________________________
2. from are not We Venezuela: ________________________________
3. name a student. Anton My I'm and is: __________________________
4. book. is This my: __________________________
5. a not day It's nice today. __________________________
6. brother's Paul. is Her name:__________________________
7. John not engineer. an is: __________________________
8. Johansson. husband's is name My: __________________________
9. students are There twelve my class. in: __________________________
10. is address letter. top new the of the My at: __________________________
Correct the mistakes:
a) I is at school . a)...