La pobreza en el mundo

Solo disponible en BuenasTareas
  • Páginas : 9 (2210 palabras )
  • Descarga(s) : 0
  • Publicado : 2 de marzo de 2011
Leer documento completo
Vista previa del texto
Topic:
World poverty.
The Problems:
The reasons why so many people can not meet their basic needs are complex. Being essentially political, economic, structural and social, are reinforced by the absence of political will and inadequate measures taken by public authorities, especially as it touches on the exploitation of local resources.
• At the individual level beings are limited by lackof access to resources, knowledge or opportunities to enjoy a decent lifestyle.
• At the social level, the main causes are the inequalities in the distribution of resources, services and power. These inequalities are sometimes institutionalized in the form of land, capital, infrastructure, markets, credit, education and information services or consulting. The same goes for social services:education, health, drinking water and basic sanitation. This inequality is more detrimental to service rural areas, where living is not surprising that 77% of the poor in the developing world. But the urban poor are even more disadvantaged than those in the field.
All these problems affect women more than men, which further aggravates the problem of the respective situations of women and men.Despite the legal and institutional protection, gender inequality persists and spreads. The face of poverty in the world is becoming more feminine.
Inequality is worse in the distribution of income and wealth within countries and between them, helping to consolidate this poverty, the consequence is that it increases the difference between 20% richest and 20 poorest. In 1991 participation in the realgross world product of industrialized countries constitute 22% of the world population was 61%, leaving the remaining 39% to 78% of the population living in developing countries.
Thanks to its investments in human resources, some countries have managed to link economic growth and reducing inequality. Within these countries vary enormously levels of inequality in developed nations, the differencebetween the 20% richest families and the poorest 20% is from 4.34 to 1 in Japan, up from 9.6 to 1 in the United Kingdom, among the poorest nations, the disparities are of a comparable scale in much of Asia, which are 6 to 1, middle and western Africa, in which the average is 7 to 1. But in most of Africa the differences are even stronger (13 to 1 average).
The cities and countryside areseparated by great inequalities both in regard to health services as education and family planning. Distances vary by an average of 2.8 to 1 in Latin America to 4.2 to 1 in Asia and about 8 to 1 in Africa.

Bibliography:
http://www.eurosur.org/futuro/fut47.htm

There are resources that would eradicate poverty and exclusion at national and international, but it must be used to relieve poor nations,whose number is increasing. Poverty is not tolerable, but it may not be removed without putting into action significant additional resources. This is precisely the problem that the Commission addressed in this report.

"Many children born at the same time other children are hungry. Every night in the richest country in the world, there are five to eight million children go to bed hungry. Theyare the same every morning going to school hungry. Many children of our country are in poor health or do not receive medical care. Many children born in hospitals are left there; many children live in orphanages, are not expected or wanted and are not sure of the love of their parents. No one is concerned them. Sometimes in our country it is easier to drug kisses ... We must act so that every childborn in the world can grow in good health, receive education and be motivated and full of hope for their future "
Jocelyn Elders, former Minister of Health, United States
Public Meeting in North America
Forty-seven years of independence and many promises. In India, most people do not know if tomorrow will have a job, if your child is still alive, if women will have some security of your...
tracking img