English Course as a Foreign Language
Teacher: Sergio J. Carrillo Date:___________
Basic Quiz II
Unit 14:Comparatives, superlatives, and questions with how.
Instructions: read the conversation carefully and choose thebest answer from the Word bank.
the tallest beautiful big the largest
the biggest the most larger than
think which what
tallerbigger than I’m not sure
1. A: what is ______________ mountain in the world?
B: I’m not sure. I ___________ think it’s K2?
A: Actually, Mt. Everest is_______________ than K2.
2. A: Have you ever been to Angel Falls?
B: Yes, I have. It’s a very __________ waterfall.
A: That’s true. But I think NiagaraFalls is ___________ beautiful waterfall in the world.
3. A: The Colina Lake is very ____________.
B: Is it ______________ the Salt Lake?
A: Yes, it is.It’s _______________ lake in Mexico.
4. A: ____________ city is lager, Monterrey or Puebla?
B: Monterrey is ____________ Puebla.
A: ____________ is thelargest city in Mexico?
B: _________________ . I think Chihuahua is _____________ city.
Instructions: read the questions carefully and chose thebest answer.
1. How (cold/ high/ long) is the Colorado River?
2. How (high/ far/ deep) is Chihuahua from Yucatan?
3. How (cold/ long/ big) is Garden City? Doesit get to -10° Celsius in winter?
4. How (high/ deep/ far) is the Pacific Ocean?
5. How (big/ high/ long) is the Mt. Cross? Is it more than 2,892 meters high?