1. Ted's flight from Amsterdam took more than 11 hours. He could be exhausted after such a long flight. He might prefer to stay in tonightand get some rest.
2. If you want to get a better feeling for how the city is laid out, you can walk downtown and explore the waterfront.
3. Hiking the trail to the peak could be dangerous if youare not well prepared for dramatic weather changes. You should research the route a little more before you attempt the ascent.
4. When you have a small child in the house, you leave small objectslying around. Such objects can be swallowed, causing serious injury or even death.
5. Dave: can you hold your breath for more than a minute?
Nathan: No, I can't.
6. Jenny's engagement ring isenormous! It have cost a fortune.
7. Please make sure to water my plants while I am gone. If they don't get enough water, they could die.
8. I could speak Arabic fluently when I was a child andwe lived in Egypt. But after we moved back to Canada, I had very little exposure to the language and forgot almost everything I knew as a child. Now, I can just say a few things in the language.
9.The book is optional. My professor said we could read it if we needed extra credit. But we read it if we don't want to.
10. Leo: Where is the spatula? It be in this drawer but it's not here.Nancy: I just did a load of dishes last night and they're still in the dish washer. It might be in there. That's the only other place it could be.
11. You must take your umbrella along with youtoday. The weatherman on the news said there's a storm north of here and it might rain later on this afternoon.
12. can we pull over at the next rest stop? I really must use the bathroom and I don'tknow if I can hold it until we get to Chicago.
13. Oh no! Frank's wallet is lying on the coffee table. He must have left it here last night.
14. Ned: can I borrow your lighter for a minute?...