Answer the following questions using library or online sources. Respond to each question with one or two complete, correct sentences. Document your sources using MLAdocumentation guidelines. Reference the Works Cited document located in Week 5’s Assignment instructions to complete questions 1-10.
1. Who was president of the United States when the FederalReserve was created?
ANSWER: Woodrow Wilson
DOCUMENTATION: URL: Federalreserve.com. Congress creates the Federal Reserve System on December 23, 1913, with the signing of the Federal Reserve Act byPresident Woodrow Wilson.
2. What amendment to the U.S. Constitution gave women the right to vote, and in what year?
ANSWER: Nineteenth Amendment, August, 18, 1920
DOCUMENTATION:URL:Readwritethink.org. The 19th Amendment to the U.S Constitution gave women the right to vote in august 18, 1920.
3. What is the origin of the word "boycott"?
ANSWER: The word Boycott entered the Englishlanguage during the Irish ”Land War” and is derived from the name of captain Charles Boycott.
4. Who coined the term “pandemonium,” and in what famous literary work?ANSWER: Invented by the English poet John Milton (1608-1674) in his poem "Paradise Lost". Pandemonium is what he calls the "capital" or center of hell, Pandemonium is where Satan and his peers live.DOCUMENTATION: URL:wiki.answers.com What_is_the_word_origin_for_pandemonium
5. Who won the Academy Award for best actor in 1982, and for what film?
ANSWER: Ben Kingsley in Gandhi
DOCUMENTATION:URL:Filmsite.org The film's eight awards were for Best Actor (Ben Kingsley in a debut lead performance.
6. What famous twentieth century American author wrote The Old Man and the Sea?
7. What is the name of the nearest major galaxy to our own Milky Way galaxy?
ANSWER: The Canis Major Dwarf
DOCUMENTATION: The Canis Major Dwarf...