Students will be able to:
▪ Use adjectives to describe places, people and things
▪Participate actively in shared writing: sentences
Students will be able:
▪ Use the pattern “My name is __________”.
▪ Use the pattern “I am ____________ years old”.
▪ Build upsimple affirmative sentences
Students will be able to apply the following reading skills and strategies:
▪ Explore fiction
▪ Explore narrative non-fiction
▪ Make text-to-selfconnections.
▪ Answer questions to understand stories.
▪ Identify the title, author and illustrator
▪ Identify and share their favorite part in the story
Students will beable to unlock word meanings when they read independently.
Students think deeply about the words and use them in context.
They provide examples of the ways words can be used.
PHONICSStudents will be able to:
▪ Develop the skills necessary for reading and spelling as they distinguish among phonemes in words by using segmentation and manipulation.
▪ Identify and reproducespelling-sound relationships and further develop phoneme awareness
▪ Blend and read decodable words
▪ Read and spell sight words
▪ Learn strategies that can be applied to many wordsin order to extend segmentation ability from listening and reading to spelling
▪ Use spelling-sound relationships as their primary reading strategy when reading stories andblending decodable words
▪ Increase decodable skills and reading fluency through reading practice at an appropriate level
▪ Students will be able to show the fluencylevel they have reached in the English language. They will be able to express their ideas in the daily use and through an oral presentation based on the transdisciplinary...