Moringa is widely found in tropical and sub-tropical belts. It is a medicinal plant used in Central and South America, Mexico, Malaysia, Philippines, India, Sri Lanka andAfrica. Read on further to know about the health benefits of Moringa.
Moringa also known as the Miracle Tree is a multipurpose plant, as the leaves, pods, fruits, flowers, roots and bark of thetree can be utilized. It is also referred to as Drumstick Tree by the Britishers. The specialty of this tree is that it actually bears fruits in the warm season.
Health Benefits of Moringa
Thereare many benefits of the moringa tree, but the health benefits are the most important. Research has proved that various parts of the moringa tree can be used to cure a minimum of 300 diseases. Lets seea few of them here.
• Moringa is rich in Vitamin A. It contains four times more Vitamin A or beta-carotene than carrots. Hence, it is a weapon against blindness.
• It is also a rich sourceof Vitamin C many times more than oranges.
• Normally milk is said to be a rich source of calcium but the amount of calcium present in moringa leaves is way higher than in milk.
• The moringaleaves are said to contain two times the protein present in milk.
• Bananas are a rich source of potassium. But moringa leaves contain seven times more potassium than bananas.
• Along withpotassium, zinc is also found in large quantities in moringa.
• If moringa leaves were to be eaten by one and all, the world will be free of anemia as it contains three times more iron thanspinach.
• With all the junk food eaten these days, many people face problems of high cholesterol. Moringa helps in balancing the cholesterol levels in the body.
• Essential Amino acids are alsofound in moringa.
• Moringa is also said to balance sugar levels, hence it is helpful in the fight against diabetes.
• The body's natural defense mechanism increases with the consumption...