This Technical Note is provided as a guide for technically qualified service personnel
ThisTechnical Note describes the programming and setup of the CDM-series mobile radios and the L3151 TNA200 Tone Remote Adapter. Refer to the TNA200 User and Installation Manual, 68-80309H25, for additionalinformation.
You will need the following items in order to complete the interconnection of the CDM-series radio and the TNA200 Tone Remote Adapter.
CDN6660_ TNA200to RPG Radio Cable
HLN9457 Hardware Kit (16-pin connector and lugged leads)
HLN9573_ Shorting Plug Kit (if no local microphone is used)
Programming ToolUse the CDM-series Customer Programming Software (CPS) to program the radio. The CPS runs under Microsoft( Windows(  95, 98 and NT.
1) Read the CDM-series radio.
2) After the radio is read, select “Radio Configuration” from the opening CPS “Tree View” window.
3) Click the “Basic” tab.
4) Check the “Hook (HUB) Defeats PL” selectionbox. Your screen should appear similar to Figure 1.
Figure 1 – Radio Configuration, Basic Configuration
5) Click the “Accessory Configuration” tab.6) Click the “Rx Audio Type:” dropdown arrow button. Select “Filtered Audio”.
7) Click the “Ext. PTT Audio” dropdown arrow button. Select “Ext Mic Audio”.
8) Click the “Ignition SenseType:” dropdown arrow button. Select “Follow Ignition Only”. Your screen should appear similar to Figure 2.
Figure 2 – Radio Configuration, Accessory Configuration
9) Click the “Accessory Pins” tab.
10) Click the “Accessory Package” dropdown arrow button. Select “Remote”.
11) Click the dropdown arrow for pin 4. Select “PL and CSQ...