* LITERATURE AND YOUR LIFE
Reader’s response: Did you find the story exciting and suspenseful? Why or why not?
A: It was suspensefulbecause it was a mystery the birds’ attacks.
Thematic focus: Name at least 2 suspenseful situations from nature that you had either seen or heard about.
A: The earthquakes and tsunamis in Japan,the hurricane Katrina in the United States, the floods in the south of the Atlántico.
Question for research: Research birds behavior. Begin with one of this questions or one of your own. How dodifferent types of birds behave? How do people get information about bird behavior?
A: - Birds in cold climates usually have a breeding season once a year in the spring. Migratory birds can have twosprings and two mating seasons in a year. So can birds that live in hot climates.
* Watching them the most, taking notes about theiractions day by day.
* CRITICAL THINKING
1. Why are birds so destructive?
A: Because of their reaction to the change from autumn to winter.
2. How do the successiveannouncements on the BBC help create a sense of suspense?
A: Because with the announcement, it shows the seriousness of the problem.
3. At a certain point, the BBC is no longer broadcasting. What does thisimply about conditions in the cities of England?
A: That the situation is so bad that the people can’t work as before.
4. In the end, will Nat and his family survive the attacks? Why or whynot?
A: If they take the necessary safety measures they could survive.
5. What makes the birds suddenly attack people and try to kill them?
A: The change of the temperature from autumn towinter.
6. Do you think that an animal population could suddenly turn against people? Why?
A: Yes, because of their defenses reactions.
7. Do you think the inconclusive...