Secretaries and administrative assistants perform routine clerical and organizational tasks. They organize files, draftmessages, schedule appointments, and support other staff.
Secretaries and administrative assistants typically do the following:
* Maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records andmessages
* Route and distribute incoming mail and email
* Answer routine letters and email
* Reply and attach files to incoming messages
* Correct spelling and grammar to ensureaccuracy
* Operate fax machines, videoconferencing and phone systems, and other office equipment
* Use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications
*Complete forms in accordance with company procedures
Secretaries and administrative assistants perform a variety of clerical and organizational tasks that are necessary to run an organizationefficiently. They use computer software to create spreadsheets, compose messages, manage databases, and produce presentations, reports, and documents. They also may negotiate with vendors, buy supplies, managestockrooms or corporate libraries, and get data from various sources. Specific job duties vary by experience, job title, and specialty.
Provide high-level administrative supportfor an office and for top executives of an organization. They often handle more complex responsibilities, such as reviewing incoming documents, conducting research, preparing reports, and arrangingmeetings. They may supervise clerical staff.
* Computer skills. Secretaries and administrative assistants use computers for email, word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.Therefore, having good computer skills is very important.
* Interpersonal skills. Secretaries and administrative assistants work with many different individuals each day. Being pleasant and...