A strong hard building material composed of sand and gravel and cement and water .
12. Construct (-ion) ( v ,n ):
A. make by combining materials and parts;- Example: "this little pig made his house out of straw"
- Example: "Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
B. put together out of artificial or natural components or parts;
-Example: "the company fabricates plastic chairs"
- Example: "They manufacture small toys" He manufactured a popular cereal";
C draw with suitable instruments and under specified conditions;
-Example: "construct an equilateral triangle"
D. create by linking linguistic units;
- Example: "construct a sentence"
- Example: "construct a paragraph"
E create by organizing and linkingideas, arguments, or concepts;
- Example: "construct a proof"
- Example: "construct an argument"
F. reassemble mentally;
- Example: "reconstruct the events of 20 years ago"
A. anabstract or general idea inferred or derived from specific instances;
12. Construction ( v ,n)
The process or art of constructing; the act of building; erection; the act of devising andforming; fabrication; composition.
A. a group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit;
- Example: "I concluded from his awkward constructionsthat he was a foreigner"
B. the creation of a construct; the process of combining ideas into a congruous object of thought
C. a thing constructed; a complex entity constructed of many parts;
-Example: "the structure consisted of a series of arches"
- Example: "she wore her hair in an amazing construction of whirls and ribbons"
D. drawing a figure satisfying certain conditions as partof solving a problem or proving a theorem;
- Example: "the assignment was to make a construction that could be used in proving the Pythagorean theorem"
E.drawing a figure satisfying certain...