New technologies based Lesson Plan
Author: Geraldo Caruso
Grade Level(s): 9, 10, 11,
This is a two Projects based Lesson plan.
• Written Language/ Music/Listening Comprehension
Listenig and writting is a skill that needs to be taught and underlined at all levels of education by using text processors(chat) .
The purpose of this activity is to increase the students' participation in the use of new technologies in the classroom as well as to increase their ability to listen and to understand what is being told to them using music and other stimula.
1. After listening to the song, students will be able to orally explain the conclusion of the story and transmit chatmessages about it.
2. Students will be able to list two or more personal ideas about what that the story relate says of a character.
3. Students will be able to clarify why they would suggest to do to the character of the song.
This activity can be used as a computers guidance activity. The emphasis is for students to use the computer and the text processor thinking about what they arehearing and to be able to respond to the story orally and on writitting. This activity can be used for several grade levels but it might work best with intermediate students.
Computers running on XP windows, video flash player, Internet connection.
ACTIVITIES AND PROCEDURES:
1. Open your windows MSN chat session and discuss with your clasmates in thechat what do you think is the responsible for criminal behavior in young people.
In this activity the trainer will be watching that the students write with accuracy with their partners via MSN.
2. Now Open the page:
and read the song 18 and life
Ricky was a young boy, He had a heart of stone.Lived 9 to 5 and worked his fingers to the bone.
Just barely got out of school, came from the edge of town.
Fought like a switchblade so no one could take him down.
He had no money, oooh no good at home.
He walked the streets a soldier and he fought the world alone
And now it's
18 and life You got it
18 and life you know
Your crime is time and it's
18and life to go
Tequila in his heartbeat, His veins burned gasoline.
It kept his motor running but it never kept him clean.
They say he loved adventure, "Ricky's the wild one."
He married trouble and had a courtship with a gun.
Bang Bang Shoot 'em up, The party never ends.
You can't think of dying when the bottle's your best friend
And now it'schorus
"Accidents will happen" they all heard Ricky say
He fired his six-shot to the wind that blew a child away.
3. the trainer will ask the students Using the text processor what do they believe ius the meaning of the song and them will ask him what expressions they do not understand.
4. then the students will Open
and search forthe song, "18 and life."
5. Students will read as they listen to the song
6. Students will Discussion this questions the trainer will ask to each student via text processor:
a. What does “life” mean in this song?
b. What do you believe the the singer mean when he said, "ricky worked his fingers to the Bone."
c.. How does Rikcy t relates to you as aperson.
d. What did Rikcy told to his friends ?
e. Why did Ricky shoot his friend?
f. How does the whole story relate to people like us?
g. Listening is important. Would you rather have something to say to suggest to Ricky or to yourself after listening to this song?
What would you think woul have made a difference in ricky’s life?
TYING IT ALL TOGETHER:
After talking about the story,...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.