Hola

Solo disponible en BuenasTareas
  • Páginas : 9 (2180 palabras )
  • Descarga(s) : 0
  • Publicado : 2 de noviembre de 2011
Leer documento completo
Vista previa del texto
STARTING TIME: FINISHING TIME:

ENGLISH ENTRY EXAM FOR MULTILINGUAL GROUPS
MAY 2010 /80
NAME
IMPORTANT:
• You need 50% of correct answers to pass this exam. The result will be 60% of your final grade. The mark of the oral exam will provide the other 40%
• You don’t have to answer all the questions
• Read the questions carefully before answering and follow theinstructions. If in doubt, ask the teacher
• Exams in pencil will not be corrected

COMPLETE THE SECOND SENTENCE USING THE INFORMATION IN THE FIRST AND THE WORDS IN BOLD. DO NOT CHANGE THE WORDS IN BOLD (1 m each. NO MARKS GIVEN FOR MORE ANSWERS THAN INDICATED)

PAST TENSES
CHOOSE 6 SENTENCES
1. I finished my homework hours ago (already)
I
2. This is the most fun I have everhad (never)
I so much fun in my life
3. Kevin is still doing his assignment (yet)
Kevin
4. I got here at 4:00 and it is now 6:00 and she is not here (for)
I
5. Rob moved here when he was two years old (since)
Rob
6. The film started immediately after finishing my homework (as soon as)
The film started
7. I met Amy during the concert(while)
I
8. I wore glasses when I was a child (used to)
When I was a child
9. Tom left the party at the same time I arrived (as)
I arrived at the party

FUTURE TENSES
CHOOSE 4 SENTENCES
10. I will be travelling to five different countries this year (travelled)
By the end of this year
11. Do you have any plans for the summer? (are)
Where
12. Ihave plans to travel to Prague next summer (going)
I
13. I’ll send you the information after our meeting (we)
I
14. We’ll go to the park when we finish our homework, but not before (until)
We
15. I’m finishing the English project today (finished)
By the end of the day

RELATIVE CLAUSES
CHOOSE 3 SENTENCES
16. That is the girl. She is the best student inclass (who)
That
17. What’s the name of the doctor? You saw her about your headaches (that)
What’s ?
18. Grapes are rich in antioxidants. They are my favourite fruit (which)
Grapes,
19. That is the restaurant. Jeremy works there (where)
That
20. You broke John’s nose. He’s in hospital now (whose)
John,

REPORTED SPEECH
CHOOSE 4 SENTENCES21. “How long has your father been a detective?”, Lana asked me (Lana asked me)

22. “We won’t be able to pay the bill till next week”, Norman said (Norman said)

23. “The weather has been very unreliable this month”, my uncle complained (My uncle complained)

24. “Were you at the game last night?” Alec wanted to know (Alec wanted to know)

25. “Don’t fall off the bike”, she warnedus (she warned us)

26. “Show me your driving license, please”, The policeman ordered the driver (The policeman ordered the driver)

THE PASSIVE
CHOOSE 5 SENTENCES
27. We haven’t told Charlie the news (has)
Charlie
28. In 20 years’ time, they will close all nuclear power stations (be)
In 20 years’ time
29. Didn’t Alfred Hitchcock direct “The Birds”? (by)Alfred Hitchcock?
30. A professional painter painted our house last month (got)
We
31. We are reading the children a fairy tale (are)
The children
32. They have done a lot to their new house (had)
They
33. Someone broke into our house (was)
Our house

MODALS
CHOOSE 3 SENTENCES
34. It’s a good idea to recycle more (should)
You
35. It reallywasn’t necessary for you to do that (have)
I’m sorry
36. Have you been successful in finding a job? (able)
Have ?
37. Perhaps I can accompany you to the party (may)
I
38. It’s impossible that she is telling the truth (can’t)
She

COMPLETE THE SECOND SENTENCE SO THAT IT HAS THE SAME MEANING AS THE FIRST. USE APPROPRIATE CONDITIONAL FORMS
CHOOSE 6...
tracking img