Design three movement scenarios. Perform the movement under each of the three conditions below:
1) Eyes open and head position normal
2) Eyes closed and headposition normal
3) Eyes open and directed to the travel direction but head turned to the right 90 degrees
4) Eyes open and head tilted back
Describe what happen in each situation and includeoutcome measures such as: size of steps taken, time it takes to cross the obstacle, number of trials to complete, etc.
Our three scenarios will be:
* Going into the rotating cups ride and closingyour eyes.
* Climbing stairs and look down.
* Going in the backseat of a car while a train is passing by its side.
What factors of motor control/learning are you studying with this activity?We will be exploring the visual and vestibular control of locomotion.
* Going into the rotating cups ride.
1) The individual will have dizziness.
2) The individual will havea larger effect of dizziness.
3) The individual will tend to incline his/her body to the side.
4) The individual head will tend to go to the front.
* Climbing stairs.
1) There willbe no vertigo at all.
2) The balance of the body will be affected.
3) The balance and stability of the body will be affected.
4) There will be a little of vertigo and the body inclinationand stability will be affected.
* Jumping in an elastic bed.
1) The body will not experience any change in the stability and balance.
2) The subject will fall down because of the absenceof equilibrium.
3) The body will get dizzy and tend to fall down
4) Completely lose of stability and balance the body will collapse.
* Going into the rotating cups ride.Hypothesis confirmed in the four cases.
* Climbing stairs. Hypothesis confirmed in the four cases.
* Jumping in an elastic bed. Hypothesis confirmed in the four cases.