Instructions: Elaborate a summary of the topic 1.3 Windows 7 of your textbook. Include list of changes, conclusion and bibliography.
Graphical Environment of Operation
* Desktop: is the area of work and fills the entire screen it includes the desktop background (or wallpaper) and icons of filesand folders you may have saved to the desktop. In Windows, the desktop includes a task bar
* Mouse cursor: The cursor on your screen can indicate two things: 1) where your mouse pointer is, or 2) where the next character typed will be entered in a line of text. The mouse cursor is most often an arrow that you can use to point to different objects on your screen. When the cursor is over anobject, you can click or double-click the mouse button to perform an action on that object (such as opening a program).
* Icons: Icons have been the way we view files on computers. An icon on your computer screen represents an object or a program on your hard drive. There are two types: program icons and shortcut icons. We can describe the icons by: Recycle bin, Shortcut, File, and Folder.
*Task bar: It is the bar that spans the bottom of the screen and contains the Start button on the left side and thesystray on the right. The task bar also includes the current time on the far right side and can hold shortcuts to programs directly to the right of the Start button.
* Start Menu: is a feature of the Windows operating system that provides quick access to programs, folders, andsystem settings. By default, the Start menu is located in the lower-left corner of the Windows desktop.
* JUMP LIST: These are menu options available by right-clicking any icon on the taskbar or by holding the left mouse button and sliding towards the center of the desktop on an icon. Each application has unique jump lists which correspond to the features unique to the application, such asfiles recently opened or common tasks
There are different kinds of buttons as well as check box that select multiple options simultaneously, the option button select only one of the option shown, the command buttons allows the option to immediately run, the text box input info from the keyboard, drop down button select from a list that is displayed when the arrow is pressed. The expanded buttonshow or hide part of the context of the window and the split button show he different variations of a option so that the user select the desired.
* Library: The libraries feature in Windows 7 provides a central place to manage files that are located in multiple locations throughout your computer. Instead of clicking through a bunch of directories to find the files you need, including them in alibrary makes for quicker access. It is defined as locations that are given all kinds of documents, music, pictures and other files; the version of windows 7 has four default libraries: documents, pictures, music and video. It also allows user to create a library.
List of changes
Are the changes that can be made in windows 7
a) Change the picture of the user’s account
1.Click on Start Button
2. Select the user’s picture
3. Click on the user’s picture
4. The window “make changes to the user account” will appear.
5. Select “change picture”
6. Choose one picture and click on “change picture”
b) Change the desktop background
1. Click the right button on desktop
2. Choose “personalize” in the dialog box
3. A dialog box will appear,select the background you prefer.
4. Click on “save”
c) Change the color of a window
1. On start button, click Control Panel.
2. Click Select Appearance and Personalization and click, and then click Personalization.
3. Click window color and appearance
4. Under Window color and appearance, click the color you want and then, OK.
d) Change the sounds of the system