Guide and laboratory English IV
I. - INDICATE IF THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES AREIN ACTIVE OR PASSIVE VOICE.
1. - Coca Cola is sold in 185 countries.
2. - Nowadays, 25% of the world´s cars are made in Asia.
3. - Clothes are too expensive otherwise.
4. - I always go to themovie at night.
5. - I travel a lot for my work.
II. - INDICATE IF THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES ARE IN PRESENT PERFECT OR PAST PERFECT.
6. - I have been busy.
7. - He had done his homework.
8.- Rachel had gone to the theater.
9. - She has written a romantic letter.
10. - I have been teacher for 30 years.
III. - MATCH THE COLUMNS TO MAKE SENTENCES IN THE SECOND CONDITIONAL.
11. -If I had money, a) They would arrive on time.
12. - If he did exercise, b) I would travel around the world.
13. - If we studied more, c) We would eat with her.
14. - If she cookeddeliciously, d) He would be healthier
15. - If he drove faster, e) we would pass all the exams.
IV. - CLASSIFY THE FOLLOWING ADVERBS INTO MANNER OR FREQUENCY.
16. - Often
17. -Basically A) MANNER
18. - Never B) FREQUENCY
19. - Carefully
20. - Luckily
V. - COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH THE RELATIVE PRONOUNS (WHO, WHICH OR WHERE)
21. - John´s father, ___is 78, goes swimming every day. a) Which
22. - Andrew is the boy _________ lives in Chicago. b) Where
23. - The new theater, ____holds 1,500 people, c) Who
will be opened in July24.-I know a lot of people_________speak Spanish.
25. - English is the subject __________ many students love.
VI. - COMPLETE THE REPORTED STATEMENTS WITH THE CORRECT FORM OF THE VERB
26. -I am tall and handsome. He told me that he ________tall and handsome.
a) was b) is c) be d) were e) are
27. - I am living in...