Write the pronunciation of each letter in Spanish
A B C D E F G
H I J K L M N
O P Q R S T U
V W X Y Z
The subject pronoun replaces the name(s) of person (people), animal(s) or thing(s)
Write the appropriate subject pronoun to replace the name (names).
1. Mike is astudent. _________is a student.
2. Donna is a Professor. _________is a Professor.
3. Paty and Charlie are in class. _________are in the classroom.
4. John and I are neighbors. _________ are neighbors.
5. Paul is 21 years old. _________ is 21 years old.
6. The dog is brave. _________ is brave.
7. Theclassrooms are clean. _________ are clean.
8. The president is honest. _________ is honest.
9. My classmates and I are studious. _________are studious.
10. Maria is at work today. _________is at work today.
11. Mexico is a beautiful country. _________is a beautiful country.
12. Today is Monday. _________ is Monday.
13. The weather is warm_________ is warm.
14. The books are new. _________ are new.
15. The girls are pretty. _________ are pretty.
16. You and I are good friends. __________are good friends
TO BE: PRESENT TENSE
The verb to be has these forms in the present tense. Contractions are generally used in spoken English.
Full Form Contraction Full Form Contraction
I am I’m we are we’re
Youare you’re you are you’re
He is he’s they are they’re
She is she’s
It is it’s
Write the correct form of the present tense of to be in the blanks. Use the contracted form with the personal pronouns.
1. I_______________ a student. _______I’m____
2. Dennis_______________ a student. ______________
3. This _________________a good book. ______________
4.John and Pat ______________ good students. ______________
5. They_____________ in my class. ______________
6. He____________a good teacher. ______________
7. You___________ a good student. ______________
8. I______________ tired now. ______________
9. We______________ in class now. ______________
10. Maria___________ at work today. ______________11. She_____________ a good student. ______________
12. Today_____________ Monday. ______________
13. It ______________a beautiful day. ______________
14. You and Henry _____________ brothers. ______________
15. They ________________ in my class. ______________
TO BE: PRESENT TENSE
Select the correctform. Write your answer in the blanks.
1. Charlie (is, are) a good student. ____is___
2. They (am, are) good students. ________
3. Today (is, are) Tuesday. ________
4. This (is, are) a good exercise ________
5. Paul and George (is, are) good students. ________
6. They (is, are) good students. ________
7. I (am, is) a student of English.________
8. The door (is, are) open. ________
9. Both windows (is, are) closed. ________
10. Ana and I (am, are) in the same class. ________
11. We (am, are) brothers. ________
12. Miss Sandy (is, are) a teacher. ________
13. He (is, are) a very good teacher. ________
14. Mr. Mike (is, am) a teacher. ________
15. She (is, are) also a goodteacher. ________
16. Mr. and Mrs. Clinton (is, are) North Americans. ________
17. You (am, are) a good student. ________
18. I (am, is) also a good student. ________
19. The weather today (is, are) good. ________
20. These (is, are) good exercises. ________
21. She and Sally (is, are) sisters. ________
22. You and Tom (is, are) brothers....