Hiking is an exceptionally popular sport, but what if one awful mistake could put you in a wheel chair for a long time? That is exactly what happened to me. This happened when I was nineyears old(2007) on a beautiful summer morning. It all started when my friends and I were going hiking for the day at McAuliffe Park. I thought that day would be perfect- but I was terribly wrong.On one luminous summer day, I woke up bursting with anticipation. My mom was going to take me to McAuliffe Park to meet my friends. I met my friends at the hiking part of the park and then weprepared to go. We took a full-size first aid kit, some bug spray, four bottles of water, an undersized cell phone for emergencies, and we took a razor-sharp knife. Then we made our way into the mysteriouswoods.
When we were walking through the woods, I noticed that the place was stunning. It had giant trees, radiant rivers, and many different types of plants and animals. For example we saw acolossal beaver dam. We also saw a hideous frog. Though, while we were walking, my friend stepped on a ruthless bee hive. A swarm of bees came out of the splattered hive. We sprinted as fast as we couldwhile the yellow and black demons were chasing us.
Unfortunately, one of my friends got stung in the snout and his nose became lava red. I was horrified because I was dreadfully allergic tobees, but the most horrible part was that I was never looking in front of myself while I was running. Before I knew it, I flew off an undersized cliff, and I was soaring through the air then-CRACK- Ifelt my left ankle exploding with pain. “HELP!” I yelled. My friends quickly came to me, and then called my mom. I heard the ambulance sirens coming closer, and closer. My ankle was gushing ponds ofblood. The horrific sight of the bones coming out of my skin made me pass out (and the fact that I was losing blood). Then I lost complete feeling in my left ankle.
I was in the hospital by the...