Live action actors principles characters
* Neil Patrick Harris as Patrick Winslow
* Jayma Mays as Grace Winslow
* Hank Azaria as Gargamel, To look the part ofGargamel, Azaria wore a prosthetic nose, ears, buck teeth, eyebrows and a wig (to make the process easier, he shaved his head). The initial make-up test took three hours, but by mid-production theprocess took 90 minutes to complete. Azaria was transformed over 50 times and spent approximately 130 hours in the make-up chair.
* Sofía Vergara as Odile, a Mexican American executive at AnjelouCosmetics who is Patrick's boss.
* Jonathan Winters as Papa Smurf. Winters provided the voice of Grandpa Smurf in the 1981 cartoon series. Jonathan Winters and Frank Welker are theonly original cast members from the TV Series who returned for the movie.
* Katy Perry as Smurfette. About gaining the voice role, Perry saidThey liked my voice without even knowing who it was,and when they found out it was me, they thought that would work out. My personality was just a plus!"
* Fred Armisen as Brainy Smurf
* Alan Cumming as Gutsy Smurf, one of three Smurfscreated specifically for the film and who is Scottish, wears a kilt, and has sideburns. The character is also described as the "action hero" of the film.
* Anton Yelchin as Clumsy Smurf. We decidedto make Clumsy a little simpler, a little sweeter. His voice is pitched higher than my normal speaking voice – it's full of joy, optimism, and enthusiasm for life. Clumsy isn't trying to mess anythingup for anybody — he's just clumsy, and actually, he‘s tired of being clumsy".
* George Lopez as Grouchy Smurf. To prepare for his role of being "grouchy", Lopez did not drink coffee, made surehe had bad breath and picked the busiest time to get to the studio.
* Frank Welker as Azrael, Gargamel's cat. Welker provided the voice of Hefty Smurf in the 1981 cartoon series. Four...