* the difference between System Dynamics and Systems Thinking?
* Systems thinking may help organize and guite group processes that must occur when system dynamics interfaces with people systems. Systems thinking can usefully provide a general public introduction to the existence and the importance of systems. They can serve a constructive role as a door opener to systemdynamics and to serious work toward understanding systems
* System dynamics have a unique ability to represent the real world, it can accept the complexity , non linearity, and feedback loop structures that are inherent in social and physical systems
* Diferencia: systems thinking uses causal loops- diagrams that connect variables without distinguishing levels (integrations or stocks)from rates (flows or activity). Causal loops do not provide the discipline to thinking imposed by level and rate diagrams in system dynamics . lacking the identification of elvel variables, causal loops fail to identify the system elements that produce dynamic behaviour
* System thinking: the ability to see the world as a complex system, in which we undestand that “ou can’t just do one thing”and that “everything is connected to everything else”
* System dynamics: is a method to enhance learning in complex systems, is a method for developing management flight simulators, often computer simulation models.
* a complex systems?
Is a system composed of interconnected parts that as a whole exhibit one or more properties(behaviour among the possible properties) notobvious from the properties of the individual parts, may be of one of two forms: disorganized complexity and organized complexity. Disorganized complexity is a matter of a very large number of parts, and organized complexity is a matter of the subject system exhibiting emergent properties
a counterintuitive behavior? “people looking to solve a problem often make it worse” las decisiones puedenprovocar reacciones por otros que tartan de recuperar el balance alterado
* policy resistance?
causes of policy resistance?
* Caused by a system’s negative feedback processes, Policy resistance occurs when a policy is applied to a system dominated by negative feedback processes and the policy change does not alter the desired states of the negative loops
*Policy resistance arises sometimes becase we often do not understand the full range of feedbacks operating in the system, as our actions alter the state of the system other people react to restore the balance we upset
* Para prevenir la policy restistance find a high leverage policies requires us to expand the boundaries of out mental models so that we become aware of and understand theimplications of the feedbacks created by the decisions we make
* feedback in the context of System Dynamic? Determinan la dinamica del sistema. Interacciones among the components of the system…hay 2 tipos de feedback loops(self-reinforcing)positive tend to reinforce or amplify whatever is happening in the system, negative (self-correcting) and negative counteract and oppose change
* Represent interdependencies and feedback processes Representan el feedback structure of systems. Used in academic work, and increasingly common in business , they’re excellent for : quickly capturing your hypotheses about the causes of dynamics, eliciting and capturing the mental models of individuals or teams, communicating the important feedbacks you belive areresponsible for a problem
* a link polarity? Positive link means if the cause increases, the effect increases above what it would otherwise have been, and if the cause decreases , the effect decreases below what it would otherwise have been. A link polarity describe the structure of the system, they do not describe the behavior of the variables, they describe what would happen IF there were a...