ASIGNATURA: TECHNIQUES AND INSTRUMENTS
ESPECIALIDAD: DIDÁCTICA DEL INGLÉS COMO LENGUA EXTRANJERA
* FLOREZ CONCHA, Angélica Indira.
TÍTULO DEL TEMA:TESTING LISTENING COMPREHENSION
1. CONCEPTOS BÁSICOS:
* TESTING.- It is a method for collecting information. A test is, first of all, about something in educational terms, tests have subjectmatter or content.
Second, a test is task or set of tasks that elicit observable behavior from the test taker.
Thus, tests are a form of measurement.
* LISTENING.- it is a linguistic factor.We normally develop listening skills in the classroom in lockstep fashion. It is important to student’s comprehension.
* COMPREHENSION.- It is when you understand the message or the text.2. DESARROLLO.
1. TESTING EXTENSIVE LISTENING SKILLS.- The main object of a listening test is to evaluate student’s comprehension. His degree of comprehension will depend on his ability todiscriminate phonemes, to recognize stress and intonation patterns and to retain what he has heard. There are forms to testing extensive listening comprehension:
* Multiple choice
* Short answerquestions
* Information transfer techniques
* MULTIPLE CHOICE : because of the problems associated whit the serial nature of the listening process there are additional difficulties inemploying this technique as a measure of listening ability, for example the extra burden that is placed on processing by having to keep four options in mind. The format is artificial and is increasinglyperceived as an invalid method for assessing comprehension by teachers, material designers and language testers.
For example: You will hear part of a radio program called “My radio”. The topic is“Egypt”.
“Egypt is an African country. It is a flat and hot country. There is a large desert called the Sahara desert and there are also some famous pyramids. An important economic activity in... [continua]
Cite este ensayo
(2010, 12). Testing listening comprehension. BuenasTareas.com. Recuperado 12, 2010, de http://www.buenastareas.com/ensayos/Testing-Listening-Comprehension/1362030.html
"Testing listening comprehension" BuenasTareas.com. 12 2010. 2010. 12 2010 <http://www.buenastareas.com/ensayos/Testing-Listening-Comprehension/1362030.html>.
- MLA 7
"Testing listening comprehension." BuenasTareas.com. BuenasTareas.com, 12 2010. Web. 12 2010. <http://www.buenastareas.com/ensayos/Testing-Listening-Comprehension/1362030.html>.
"Testing listening comprehension." BuenasTareas.com. 12, 2010. consultado el 12, 2010. http://www.buenastareas.com/ensayos/Testing-Listening-Comprehension/1362030.html.