Activities Chapter 1: Health Problems.
1 Read the sentences below and for each question indicate the correct answerA, B, C or D.
* What is the person telling the story called?
C – J
* Why did J go to The British Museum Library?
A – To get some information on health.
* Where did J take the doctor’sprescription?
D – To the chemist’s.
* What does liver disease cause?
A – Tiredness.
* What did the three men have for dinner?
A - Meat, onions and cake.
* Why didn’t Harris want to go tothe country?
B – It was boring.
* George wanted to take a holiday?
D – On the River Thames.
* Who disagreed with George’s idea?
C – Montmorency.
2 Vocabulary Check
* A person whodoesn’t like working is: lazy.
* Medicines are sold here: chemist’s
* A written order for medicine: prescription.
* A large organ of the body which processes blood: liver.
* Not well inhealth: ill.
* A desire to sleep: sleepiness.
* A person who looks after your house: housekeeper.
* A short journey: trip.
* An illness: disease.
Activities Chapter 2: Planning the trip.1 read the passage below and choose the correct word A, B, C or D, for each space.
J, Harris and George wanted to begin the trip the 1following Saturday from Kingston. The three men likednature and wanted to live 2out, but they were worried 3about the rain. In bad 4weather they decided to sleep in an inn or hotel. They 5knew it was difficult to put 6up a tent.
Montmorency looks 7intoa calm, gentle fox-terrier, but he 8isn’t. He is 9worst than many other dogs and has 10had over a hundred fights.
2 Verb Check
The tent was (be) very heavy but George tried (try) to put it up.He thought (think) it was easy. The tent sell (fall) on his head three times and this made (make) him angry. The wind blew (blow) all day and all night, so George slept (sleep) in the boat. But...