Lanarkshire IT Services www.lanarkshireitservices.co.uk
Windows 7 On A Netbook
With the release of Windows 7 in October and Netbooks being one of the most popular gadgets thisChristmas we will show you how to install Windows 7 onto your netbook. As with most netbooks there is NO DVD drive. So customers who purchased Windows 7 in .ISO format (Microsoft Store, MSDN, TechNet, MAPSetc) need to find a way to install Windows 7 onto a netbook / laptop / PC with NO DVD drive This easy step by step guide will show you how: Step 1: - Tools Required • 4 GB+ USB flash drive • WindowsXP, Vista or 7 host OS • Windows 7 DVD or .ISO file • Download the Windows 7 USB DVD Tool • Install it • Then open it via its icon or All Programs Step 2: - Creation • You will now be presented withthe following screen:
• Locate the Windows 7 .ISO file on your computer using the Browse
button and once done click Next • Now chose the media type, for this example we want to chose USB deviceas shown:
• Now insert your USB drive and select it from the drop down menu as shown:
• Now select Begin copying • The tool will begin copying the files to the USB drive as shown:
• Shouldyour drive need erased please do so • Setup will finish creating the bootable USB drive as shown: • Close the USB DVD Tool Step 3: - Testing • OK now we have created the bootable USB drive we can testit BEFORE deploying it to our netbook • Download MobaLiveCD • This will allow you to test your USB drive WITHOUT actually installing Windows 7 as shown:
• Select Run the LiveUSB • Then select yourUSB drive • Windows 7 setup will proceed as shown:
Step 4: - Installation • You can then take the USB to your netbook and install • There are 2 way you can do this, either from the OS on thenetbook or by booting from the USB • To install from the OS already on the netbook, navigate to the root of the USB drive and double click setup.exe • Or configure your netbooks BIOS to boot from USB We...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.