MARKETING CHANNEL SYSTEMS AND CORE CONCEPTS:
* Importance of marketing channels:
* The explosion of the information technology and E-commerce (consists of the buying and sellingof products or services over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks.).
* The prediction disintermediation: reduction of number of intermediaries.
* The realityreintermediation: reintroduction of an intermediary between end users (consumers) and a producer.
* Because intermediaries can:
* Match buyers and sellers: determine productoffering, searching costs or price discovery.
* Facilitate transactions: logistics, trust, settlement(solucion).
* Institutional infrastructure(regulatory & legal)* A greater difficulty in gaining a sustainable competitive advantage.
* The growing power of distributors, especially retailers in marketing channels.
* The need to reducedistribution costs.
* What is a marketing channel? Marketing channels are sets of interdependent organizations involved in the process of making a product or service available for use or consumption.* Who is a channel manager? Anyone in a firm or organization who is involved in marketing channel decision making most often more than one person.
* How marketing channels relate to 4Ps:* How does marketing channel strategy relate to the rest of the marketing mix?
* The change of focus(enfoque) to channel strategy:
* Creates competitive advantage with long-termviability.
* Builds strong relationships between manufacturers and channel members.
* Based on trust, confidence and people power.
* Channel strategy and logisticsmanagement, they aren´t the same:
* The flows in the marketing channels and their relationship to channel management:
* Product flow
* Negotiation flow
* Ownership flow...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.